Need advice on caliber for Moose and bear in Alaska.

She got her rifle in '95…..it's never had a factory round through it! memtb
I have numerous rifles and handguns that have never seen a factory round, and some of them are well over 40 years old with a couple from the 1960's. I guess it is one reason I am now loading 52 various cartridges. A few of the rifles I bought the dies and components before I even had the rifles delivered.

I have numerous rifles and handguns that have never seen a factory round, and some of them are well over 40 years old with a couple from the 1960's. I guess it is one reason I am now loading 52 various cartridges. A few of the rifles I bought the dies and components before I even had the rifles delivered.

Same here…..and a few that have never seen a jacketed bullet! 😁 memtb

Honestly the only thing you'll reliably find over 30cal is 45-70. People just don't go to the range with much bigger than a 308win and they rarely hunt with anything bigger than a 300wm.
That what I took when I went to Alaska back in 1997 and 1998. 45-70 on the first trip and 30-06 on the second. Handloads for both, a 44 mag on the belt on both trips.

Here's a link to a really good article I read on this topic recently. I would agree with Tyler, the Author on his recommendations. Best of luck on your hunt sir!