Need 7mmSTW Custom Load Data

MudRunner2005

Alright.....Thanks in advance for any and all info recieved.

Here it goes....I have a 7mmSTW, been loading for it for a while, but now I want to try some different wildcat bullets for it, that I can't find any load data for....

I want to use Alliant RL19 or RL22 and will be loading 180gr Berger VLD Hunting HPBT's. I can't find any load data or COL or anything on the interwebs....

Has anyone done this, and how hot can I load this thing? What kind of FPS can I expect?

Thanks,

Mud

Alright.....Thanks in advance for any and all info recieved.

Here it goes....I have a 7mmSTW, been loading for it for a while, but now I want to try some different wildcat bullets for it, that I can't find any load data for....

I want to use Alliant RL19 or RL22 and will be loading 180gr Berger VLD Hunting HPBT's. I can't find any load data or COL or anything on the interwebs....

Has anyone done this, and how hot can I load this thing? What kind of FPS can I expect?

Thanks,

Mud
Personally I'd go with rl25 or 33 with the 180's. I use the 171 barnes at 75 grains rl25 for 2950 fps in a 24" pipe. I can go to 78 but the accuracy falls off. I like to use the 50 bmg offerings with the really heavy pills in the 7stw, as the case fills well and you will be able to get the velocity up without hitting as high of peak pressures.
P.M. me if you want ideas on loads with 50 cal powders.

Vit N570 is an awesome powder for the 7stw and 180 Bergers. 81.5 grs Just barely touching lans.

If that don't shoot, come out of lans .005. If that don't shoot go into lans .010 from where you started and start backing back out. Chances are it will shoot just kissing lans.

I too use vv570 in 2 different 7 STW's 82 grains for the 168 and 80.5 with 180 VLD's
Both shoot great at 500 yards that's as far as my range goes

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.