Need 300 WSM Load data.

How much 4831? I can barely get enough h4350 in my cases let alone the recommended 4831 charges
use a drop tube. Straws from your local convenience store or ice cream parlor work great. You would be surprised how much extra powder you can get in using a drop tube and pouring it in slowly.

use a drop tube. Straws from your local convenience store or ice cream parlor work great. You would be surprised how much extra powder you can get in using a drop tube and pouring it in slowly.
That's how I get my preferred charge in my 270 wsm is with a straw. It's a little over max book and with out putting it in with a straw you can't get the last 1.5ish in without compressing the bejessus out of it. But using the "drop tube" it all stacks in nice in tight

That's how I get my preferred charge in my 270 wsm is with a straw. It's a little over max book and with out putting it in with a straw you can't get the last 1.5ish in without compressing the bejessus out of it. But using the "drop tube" it all stacks in nice in tight
All this being said, the 4350 s and the 4831 are friendly to this procedure, one must be careful not all powders are created equal

Thanks guys. I will take all this under consideration and try some of the recommendations made here.
Even though it might not be the RL26 -181gr Hammer combination it gives me some ideas and some other routes to pursue as far as other choices.
Thanks for every body's help and if there are more ideas out there let me know.
I will look into 4350 and 4831.

PM'd you some info
There are plenty of threads(including mine) on here and other forums regarding this subject. While it shows stability at lower temperatures, it gains rapidly above 85F, as does RL33. Ask Ryan Pierce that is why he switched his herd of 28 Noslers to N570
I haven't seen this in testing myself many times to 105 degrees. I shot last summer almost every week in 100 degree weather. But I know that and don't load for max at 70 I load for max at 100 and have not had any pressure or velocity spikes.

I haven't seen this in testing myself many times to 105 degrees. I shot last summer almost every week in 100 degree weather. But I know that and don't load for max at 70 I load for max at 100 and have not had any pressure or velocity spikes.

Id suspect you would see the reverse then at lower temps. Ive been tempted by the Reloader powders but the temp sensitivity has always kept me in the Hodgdon Extreme camp.

Then you are going to see the huge drop in velocity at lower temperatures, take your pick.

Well I found my rifle likes 175 SIE TMK's and 64.0g H4350. My rifle was built with 28" of useable barrel. Pushes these at 3066fps avg according to my Magnetospeed. My brass looks good, no hard bolt lift or signs of being over pressure. Yet the Sierra manual says I am 2gr over Max. Should I be concerned?

Well I found my rifle likes 175 SIE TMK's and 64.0g H4350. My rifle was built with 28" of useable barrel. Pushes these at 3066fps avg according to my Magnetospeed. My brass looks good, no hard bolt lift or signs of being over pressure. Yet the Sierra manual says I am 2gr over Max. Should I be concerned?
If your brass is already formed and not overly resized no, if virgin brass you could get some additional pressure once it is formed to your chamber. Look at several data sites and you will get varying load data;
https://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/rifle

H4831SC, Fed 215 or CCI LRM, 215 Berger Hybrid, 26" barrel savage bvss, 2870fps MV, 3365' Elevation, 1/2 MOA group at 545 yards. Works for me, but your mileage may vary, approach carefully. Performs form 10 F above zero to 105 F. Absolutely devastating on whitetails from 25 yards to 350 yards (longest shot presented to me over the last 4 years) and steel past 800.

Is that a 10 twist?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.