Need 300 WSM Load data.

Cross reference all the reloading material you can ,the answers are out there take some time and fine them . Make notes or take pictures ,different sources use (different) Brass , now there you go ,!!! Lots n lots of info is already printed and free , do your Homework it's not that hard ,Reading is learning and it'll keep you safe !!!

I have been gathering all the info I can. The problem is that with RE26 I have a starting load of 70 gr. I have no idea until I reload and do some testing what the max load is.
They say that you can load a couple more grains of RE26 than you can with other powders and they say that with the Hammer Hunters you can load it faster with more powder than with other bullets because of the bearing surface . So between the 2, I have no idea where max load is going to be. 74gr? 76gr? 78gr? That is why I was hoping to find somebody shooting the RE26/Hammer combination. Thanks

Probably going to be tough finding someone using all the exact components. Id burn 10-15 bullets, start with minimum loads and increase .3, record velocity and check for pressure as you go up.

I had to do something similar with mine as I stated before due to my Norma cases having reduced capacity. Some advertised loads were spilling out of the case. Burned double the amount of bullets I normally would have but it is what it is.

start with minimum loads and increase .3, record velocity and check for pressure as you go up. QUOTE]
You can easily go in .5 grain increases as it is not even a 1% increase for that 70 grain charge, a .7 grain increase would be 1%.
Is your brass formed to your chamber yet ? If not you will have a little extra "padding" for pressure. When your brass is formed to your chamber, assuming you are FL sizing and bumping the shoulder ~0.002", you should see slightly higher velocity for a given charge than virgin brass.

Reloder 26 has shown to spike pressures at temps above ~85F so keep that in mind.
Alliant has data for the 300 WM with Reloder 26 that can give you an idea, case capacity is 8 or 10 grains difference so keep that in mind. The Hammer Hunters generally build less pressure than others of the same weight.
Can you please provide documentation for this spike pressure above 85 degrees?
My shooting in 100+ degrees and calling Alliant say BS?

H4350 is the powder for 300 WSM. Lots of 300 WSM shooters use it. A 180 gr bullet behind 64 gr. of H4350 and F210M primer is a classic load. I use it with 185 Berger VLD and 180 Nosler bullets. I get 2950 FPS with the 64 Gr. load and a Berger 185 VLD with a 24" barrel.
I don't shoot the Hammers, so can't comment on them. But would just start at a mid-range load of 60. gr and work up.
Hodgdon has load data online.
Hornaday list the H4350 starting load at 54.8 gr. and list max at 65.2 with 2950 FPS.

I'm not a big fan of RL26. Fast? Sure. Accurate? Not so much. I have also experienced high and erratic SD with it. 300 WSMs like faster powders than the classic slow burning magnum powders. This is due to the short fat powder column.

RL22 is a great 300 WSM powder for 180s too. Alliant has data for it online also.

Can you please provide documentation for this spike pressure above 85 degrees?
PM'd you some info
My shooting in 100+ degrees and calling Alliant say BS?
PM'd you some info
There are plenty of threads(including mine) on here and other forums regarding this subject. While it shows stability at lower temperatures, it gains rapidly above 85F, as does RL33. Ask Ryan Pierce that is why he switched his herd of 28 Noslers to N570

H4831SC, Fed 215 or CCI LRM, 215 Berger Hybrid, 26" barrel savage bvss, 2870fps MV, 3365' Elevation, 1/2 MOA group at 545 yards. Works for me, but your mileage may vary, approach carefully. Performs form 10 F above zero to 105 F. Absolutely devastating on whitetails from 25 yards to 350 yards (longest shot presented to me over the last 4 years) and steel past 800.

H4831SC, Fed 215 or CCI LRM, 215 Berger Hybrid, 26" barrel savage bvss, 2870fps MV, 3365' Elevation, 1/2 MOA group at 545 yards. Works for me, but your mileage may vary, approach carefully. Performs form 10 F above zero to 105 F. Absolutely devastating on whitetails from 25 yards to 350 yards (longest shot presented to me over the last 4 years) and steel past 800.
How much 4831? I can barely get enough h4350 in my cases let alone the recommended 4831 charges

How much 4831? I can barely get enough h4350 in my cases let alone the recommended 4831 charges
I get 69 grains in it. Tight fit, but low SD, same accuracy across the spectrum. I have ~500 rounds of the 215s down the tube. Before that I was using the Berger 195s with 70 grains of H4831SC (SHORT CUT). I just thought they were the cat's meow, then Broz got me some samples of the 215s and the rest is history. Also - NO EXTREME PRESSURE SIGNS IN MY RIFLE, ANY OTHER RIFLE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO HANDLE MY LOAD. WORK UP TO IT!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.