Need 7wsm load data

lisagrantb

If someone has the same set-up or Quickload could you share your load data or run the numbers.

I will be using 180 grain VLD Bergers in a 27" barrel, Federal mag. match primers. I'm hoping to get 2900 to 3000fps without to much pressure

Thanks in advance.

Hopefully someone with actual 7WSM data will reply but in the mean time, reloaders nest has a few loads for the Berger180

7mm WSM @ www.reloadersnest.com

I don't have a 7 WSM but I do have a 300 WSM and RL17 pushed 180 E-Tips @ 3190 out of my rifle with a 24 3/8ths barrel.

RL17 might be a bit fast for the 180's out of a 7 WSM, but it might be worth trying. it has a burn rate very similar to H4350, maybe just a little slower. Hodgdon is showing a starting load of 49 gr of H4350 for a 175 bullet.

Cartridge Loads - Hodgdon Reloading Data Center - data.hodgdon.com

Hodgdon's new Super Performance powder might also be a good candidate.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the input. I'm gathering all the data and putting it together for reference data. I was definitely going to try RE 17 to see what happens because I use it in other loads, would still like to see actual field data.

I have a 7-300WSM, just slightly less capacity than your straight up 7WSM and can git to 3000 with a 180gr Berger with a 27" barrel but pressure is a little high for my comfort. Around 2925-2950 accuracy is tops and pressure is reasonable.

I am using H1000.

Some good information and a load map is here:

7mm Cartridge Guide

Yea I was hoping to get 3K but will be satisfied with 2900+ and not burn the barrel up to fast. Thanks for the info.

I'm getting 2975 fps with 180 jlk's in my wsm in a 28" barrel. The load in mine is 66.2gr of h-1000 win brass and fed lrg mag match, not sure on oal at the moment but if you'd like that I can get it afterwhile. This is extremely accurate in my rifle.

Nathan

A few other guys are using H1000 and getting good results also, going to put it on my list of powders to try. Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.