N568 and 7 SAUM..Anyone tried this yet?

You believe charts and numbers and ill believe real world experience in my 30-28 and a 28 Nosler I loaded for, both produced the same results.
I can put 92.0 grains of 568 with a 215 and not be over pressure but I cant even get close to that with 570 so which one is faster?

Last edited:
You believe charts and numbers and ill believe real world experience in my 30-28 and a 28 Nosler I loaded for, both produced the same results.
I can put 92.0 grains of 568 with a 215 and not be over pressure but I cant even get close to that with 570 so which one is faster?
He is saying that N570 will produce a higher velocity for the same bullet than N568.

He is saying that N570 will produce a higher velocity for the same bullet than N568.
He is also saying 570 is slower than 568.
570 and 568 are just like RL26 and H1000 when you try and use them in the same cartridge. Which is faster RL26 or H1000?
You cannot put same grains of 26 in as you can 1000 before you pressure out with 26 but you achieve more velocity with 26 with less grains of powder just like 570 vrs 568.
Just because it says 568 instead of 572 or quickload says its faster does not mean it is, test 568 vrs 570 for yourself and you will see, its no different than putting numbers in a ballistic app then trusting them without shooting to verify.
Look at different burnrate charts they all dont list the same powders in burn rate.

Look at Vihts own load data for this 300WM and 230 there 4 grains more with 568 than 570 max charge, ive never shot a faster powder that i was able to load 4 grains more than a slower one have you?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220623-051716_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220623-051716_Google.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 43
I think you both are saying similar things. Let me summarize it this way. This may be over simplified.

Each powder has it's own characteristics that determine bullet velocity such as energy content, density, and burn rate. Bullet weight, barrel length, primers, outside temp, cartridge efficiency, barrel manufacturer, seating depth, neck tension, etc. are among other factors that can affect the powder and bullet speed. It is the combination of all factors is what will determine bullet velocity, not just where it sits on the burn rate chart.

N568 has lower energy content - yes you'd need more of it than you would of N570
N568 is less dense - again you'd need more of it - grains measured by weight not by volume in the case
N568 has a faster burn rate. Although its burn rate is faster, it will still have slower bullet velocity due to density and energy content being less than N570
N570 has a slower burn rate and with heavies produces the faster bullet velocity. Probably not going to be great for ultra light bullets or small calibers or shorter barrels.

Last edited:
You name me one powder that you can load same cartridge, bullet gun etc that you can load 2-4 grains more than what is suppose to be faster than a slower powder. Ive never seen it in my 35 years of reloading many, many different powders, chambers, cartridges and guns.

You name me one powder that you can load same cartridge, bullet gun etc that you can load 2-4 grains more than what is suppose to be faster than a slower powder. Ive never seen it in my 35 years of reloading many, many different powders, chambers, cartridges and guns.
You are right, it isn't very common but it does happen. This gets back to density and energy content plus the burn rate make the equation, not just the burn rate.

Here's an example from Hodgdon's reloading tool - Staball has a faster burn rate than 4831.
1656019497139.png

Here's another example from Nosler - Magpro is faster burn rate than RL26
1656019569581.png

Last edited:
And your point is, its taking more of a slower powder to achieve same velocity right?
Reread my posts thats exactly what I said in the beginning about 568 taking 2-4 more grains to achieve same or close to the same velocity with 570 not the other way around.
AGAIN name me one powder that's faster burn rate that you have to use more than a powder thats SLOWER by 2-4 grains, your examples are exactly what I'm say with 568 vrs 570.
Here's a challenge, test 568 and 570 in a bigger case like the Nosler or Rums and find Max pressure then switch to 570 and try working up to the same grain load as 568 get back to me after you do.
Don't believe me, charts or anybody do your own testing

Oops, just corrected my post, I mis-labled it. Magpro is faster burn rate than RL26 and Staball is faster burn rate than 4831. There's 2 examples.

@L.Sherm You are so confused about how this all works. You should stop and read some books. The burn Rate of 568 is faster than that of 570 (science). Smaller cases require a faster burning powder to produce the proper amount of pressure to get the optimum velocity. A larger case with a longer barrel can use a slower burning powder and will achieve the same pressures and more velocity. It's not about the speed of the projectile it's how fast the powder burns.

@L.Sherm You are so confused about how this all works. You should stop and read some books. The burn Rate of 568 is faster than that of 570 (science). Smaller cases require a faster burning powder to produce the proper amount of pressure to get the optimum velocity. A larger case with a longer barrel can use a slower burning powder and will achieve the same pressures and more velocity. It's not about the speed of the projectile it's how fast the powder burns.
O.k