Anyone try Reloader 17 yet?

a lot of guys over at 6mmbr are using it in there 6BR,30BR, 6x47,6.5x47 and 300 wsm just to name a few. There have been quit a few treeds on the powder you could check them out.

Only thing I have see is it sitting on my bench waiting for the rifle to use it with. I have also heard a lot of guys saying it is hard to come buy but I have had no issues my guy has tones.

www.6mmbr.com

Wow Bounty Hunter that's smoking fast.

What length barrel are you shoving that out of, I'm using some stout loads of 4350 and 414 to drive a 150 ballistic tip at 3300.

I have heard good things about the 17 can't wait to get to a place that carries it and get a pound to try.

Only 24" lilja 1-11.

the Alliant data shows about 3200 with the standard 168s and the barnes you can normally run 1-2 grains more powder than other bullets.

Yes it smokes and accurate. What more can you ask for in a 7.5 lb rifle?

BH

I wonder if this would be a good 280 ai powder or is the case to long and not fat enough.
Thanks,
T

Tried to buy some at Cabelas today the person that helped me didn't know what i was talking about and had none in stock

Par for the course at Cabelas, Sportsman's, and Bass Pro. Boy do we need more ma and pop stores of days gone by. At least they know what you are talking about even if they don't have it! Plus, they keep business on a personal basis where you feel like they care about you. These big chains would just as soon pee down your throat as listen to your wishes.

Just got back from some weekend deer hunting...

I tried it in the 300 WSM with the Barnes 168 Tipped TSX.

results are 3351 FPS and single digit ES and SD, and two MO whitetails last week.

BH

WHOA, that IS smoking... I was getting about 3050 out of my 168 TTSX's using H4350. Thanks for the report. I'm looking forward to getting some. What primers were you using?

Last edited:
I bought 3 lbs for trials in my 284 win. It tends to gain velocity better with the 150-160 gr bullets over the 140. It also appears to be a tad slower than H4350.

Most accurate was 58 gr of RL-17 with moly'ed 150 nos bt is 3175. Still proving the load.
Maxed out with 59.5 gr anything more shows pressure. Not sure how this powder will react to
higher temps, testing was done at 55 degrees F.

Molyed 162 A-max max load was just over 3100 again with 58 grs of RL-17. Messed with seating depth and dropped the powder charge a few grains but never got this bullet to shoot well. It didn't shoot well before with H4350. FYI the old velocity was 2900 with best load of 56 gr of H4350.

Rifle is a sporter M77 tang safety with a rem takeoff formerly 7 rem mag, rechambered to 284 so barrel is 23" long. Mag box lengthened to 3.1". OAL is longer than Sammi so standard 284 OAL would probably not use same data.

I think this powder would work in the 280 AI. I intend to try it in a 7 rem mag when it gets completed. The burn rate might be too fast will just have to see.

I read here? that Alliant is going to make a faster and slower powder offering also coming from Switzerland with same method of powder production. Imagine a powder like H1000! (that was what was suggested as a comparison for the slower burn rate offering)

This powder is rewriting what we thought we knew about pressure and velocity.

Here is some information on the new powders from Alliant off their web page.

Power Pro™ Series

Introducing Power Pro™ - a series of canister spherical powders engineered to provide the ultimate performance for pistol, light varmint, and light/medium/magnum rifles. Power Pro delivers improved velocity and density for more efficient reloading and helps reloaders duplicate certain factory loaded ammunition. They are an excellent addition to Alliant Powder's existing lineup of proven and trusted propellants.

Features & Benefits
• Manufactured in the USA
• Improved velocity and density for more efficient metering and loading
• Designed for magnum pistol, light varmint and light/medium/magnum rifles
• Enables reloaders to duplicate certain factory loaded ammunition
• Designed for specific cartridges and applications
• Density designed for proper cartridge fit

150529 Power Pro—Magnum Pistol; 1 lb. bottle
150530 Power Pro—Magnum Pistol; 8 lb. canister
150531 Power Pro—Varmint; 1 lb. bottle
150532 Power Pro—Varmint; 8 lb. canister
150537 Power Pro—Magnum Rifle; 1 lb. bottle
150538 Power Pro—Magnum Rifle; 8 lb. canister
150533 Power Pro—Heavy .308; 1 lb. bottle
150534 Power Pro—Heavy .308; 8 lb. canister
150535 Power Pro—Large Rifle; 1 lb. bottle
150536 Power Pro—Large Rifle; 8 lb. canister

Reloader 50

Alliant Powder® introduces Reloder 50—a new powder designed for long range, 50 caliber rifle shooters. With superior velocity and the ability to burn cleaner (with less residue), Reloder 50 delivers lot-to-lot consistency and a density created specifically for the 50 caliber application.

Features & Benefits
• Clean burning with less residue
• Density designed for application
• Superior velocity
• Lot to Lot consistency
• Available in both 1 lb. and 8 lb. offerings

150527 Reloder 50— 1 lb. bottle
150528 Reloder 50—8 lb. canister

Interesting.

Here is some information on the new powders from Alliant off their web page.

Power Pro™ Series

Introducing Power Pro™ - a series of canister spherical powders engineered to provide the ultimate performance for pistol, light varmint, and light/medium/magnum rifles. Power Pro delivers improved velocity and density for more efficient reloading and helps reloaders duplicate certain factory loaded ammunition. They are an excellent addition to Alliant Powder's existing lineup of proven and trusted propellants.

Features & Benefits
• Manufactured in the USA
• Improved velocity and density for more efficient metering and loading
• Designed for magnum pistol, light varmint and light/medium/magnum rifles
• Enables reloaders to duplicate certain factory loaded ammunition
• Designed for specific cartridges and applications
• Density designed for proper cartridge fit

150529 Power Pro—Magnum Pistol; 1 lb. bottle
150530 Power Pro—Magnum Pistol; 8 lb. canister
150531 Power Pro—Varmint; 1 lb. bottle
150532 Power Pro—Varmint; 8 lb. canister
150537 Power Pro—Magnum Rifle; 1 lb. bottle
150538 Power Pro—Magnum Rifle; 8 lb. canister
150533 Power Pro—Heavy .308; 1 lb. bottle
150534 Power Pro—Heavy .308; 8 lb. canister
150535 Power Pro—Large Rifle; 1 lb. bottle
150536 Power Pro—Large Rifle; 8 lb. canister

Reloader 50

Alliant Powder® introduces Reloder 50—a new powder designed for long range, 50 caliber rifle shooters. With superior velocity and the ability to burn cleaner (with less residue), Reloder 50 delivers lot-to-lot consistency and a density created specifically for the 50 caliber application.

Features & Benefits
• Clean burning with less residue
• Density designed for application
• Superior velocity
• Lot to Lot consistency
• Available in both 1 lb. and 8 lb. offerings

150527 Reloder 50— 1 lb. bottle
150528 Reloder 50—8 lb. canister

Interesting.

Thanks for the information. Very helpful.

I'm sad to see that the new powders are going to be of the ball configuration though. I hate them stinking ball powders............

I have had good results using it with my .243

I intend to try it in my .338 next.

I really like the fact that Alliant is now designing powders for specific calibers, not just a new or different burn rate as other manufacturers seem to do. Focusing on developing the powder for the best performance in a given cartridge will benefit hand loaders by minimizing wasted dollars spent on powders that don't work well for your gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.