My son's Xmas present is shooting 25 moa! Help!

I think my .177 1200 FPS Ruger is about a 3MOA with factory ammo. KIlled a few annoying birds

Hey, I really enjoyed this thread. I had a Daisy BB gun that looked just like a Win 94. One time out at skeet shoot with my dad I was wondering around edge of the property and this guy snatched me up asking what I was doing with the 30-30. I tried to tell him it was a BB gun, he drug me off to my dad. My dad about kicked his $&@.
I'm still amazed by people not reading the whole post before throwing out advice. Thanks for the great read
Take Care

I need the help of the Braintrust here. My in-laws bought my son his first rifle for Christmas and it just will not shoot. I did not do a proper break in because he was so eager to start shooting. Is there a chance I damaged the rifle? Where would you guys start? Right now it has a heavy Factory trigger and I'm shooting Factory ammo.
Braintrust FAILURE; see below!

Last edited:
I need the help of the Braintrust here. My in-laws bought my son his first rifle for Christmas and it just will not shoot. I did not do a proper break in because he was so eager to start shooting. Is there a chance I damaged the rifle? Where would you guys start? Right now it has a heavy Factory trigger and I'm shooting Factory ammo.
TX Ranger,
Get your In-Laws to buy him a better bb gun and the better bbs made and recommended for this gun:
I think your son will find it shoots better than 25MOA for him!
In your case...well you might get better groups if you move in the target a bit...Lol!

You might like a Quackenbushairgun.com or one of the newish AirForce TEXANS

Great Post,

Last edited:
Thanks Man best thread I've read in a while.