My son's Xmas present is shooting 25 moa! Help!

Nope, no way to get a pellet in it, old fashion Red Rider. I had to adjust the elevation but there is no windage adjustment and I held 1.5" to get the group close to centered. A guy at the Dallas Safari Club show this past weekend said he put a piece of tape with a hole in it on the rear site to make a peep. He said this tightened things up a little. That's my next experiment.
Maybe try seating the bb out closer to the lands,lol

I need the help of the Braintrust here. My in-laws bought my son his first rifle for Christmas and it just will not shoot. I did not do a proper break in because he was so eager to start shooting. Is there a chance I damaged the rifle? Where would you guys start? Right now it has a heavy Factory trigger and I'm shooting Factory ammo.
25MOA? At what range?

Sounds like a busted scope or ruined crown on the barrel at first blush.

I would also just clean the snot out of it or take it to a smith to do so and inspect the rest before going any further.

Open sights so it's not scope issue. Maybe ammo. If I could get some bergers or better yet some hammers, maybe it would shoot. Maybe I'll have to bed it.
Welding it solid much less bedding of any kind isn't going to solve a 25 moa problem.

Something has to be seriously wrong with this gun.

Try this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220114-154248_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20220114-154248_Reddit.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 49