My first Real Weatherby

wilkup

Decided it was time to own a Mark V. I've dreamed of owning one since is was in the single digits. I originally wanted the 6.5-300, but found reloading components are nonexistent. I quickly regrouped and decided for Roy's favorite, the screaming 257. I'm waiting on rings and bases to show up but wanted to show off my new toy and see who else shoots one.

Attachments

• 14AD322D-8CCE-446C-A989-B31CA77A0E3E.jpeg
    14AD322D-8CCE-446C-A989-B31CA77A0E3E.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 157
Most accurate rifle I own. Everything from Varmint to mule deer go down in their tracks. Haven't tried the Hammers yet, but they have gotten my attention. I have larger caliber Wbys for elk which are to me more appropriate. You'll like your new purchase. Good luck
I'll be taking it out for elk this season too. I've never been a fan of owning more than a couple firearms at a time, and this will be my biggest. I figure if I'm patient and wait for the right shot opportunity, with the Hammers inside 450 yards, I shouldn't have a problem. Can't wait to try them on everything else this fall too!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.