My Daughters Elk Season

Telford29

These are my daughters and their elk last fall, they both drew youth cow permits and they both had a great season. My oldest daughter shot hers with a 6.5 creedmore at 330 yards and the youngest had a 50 yard shot with her 7mm-08. These girls were born and raised near the woods and I cherish every moment spent with them. I look at what's going on in our world with these school shootings and it saddens me that kids have to worry about these things in their daily life. These kids take great pride in hunting, providing,and respect the animals we choose to take. I am very proud of them, I love them and cant wait till we head out on our next adventure.
20171104_104737.jpg
20171114_071239.jpg

Congrats on raising cool kids, I hope to give my two daughters these kind of experiences.

That is awesome keep up the good work. Tell those young ladies congratulations

Congrats! I bet money you were happier than they were!

The 50 yard shot in the trees is more like what I'm used to in NorIda.

I'm planning on puttin the wife in for a cow hunt in unit 11. We can boat up the snake, should be an awesome hunt. Trying to get her interested in hunting, it's hard to do when it's always disappointingly empty handed.

I do have to say that for me the excitement factor was off the charts, They acted like seasoned pros. We really want to head to Wyoming for an antelope hunt next year. Saving money and trying to find a spot to go has been on our agenda lately. My oldest drew a moose tag in 2016, she was 14 when she took this bull

Congrats to both you ( for being a great Dad and giving them the opportunity). And the girls for taking the opportunity and wanting to spend time with their Dad. These will be memories that will stand the test of time. Keep it up and good luck with your future hunts. Shoot straight and be safe.

Thank you for the nice words everyone! I have alot of fun hunting with my kids. My youngest and I are headed out for a winter camping trip this weekend, we will do some predator calling with her favorite 222 Remington.

88815ABC-941B-46C2-9071-FE9B0558ED97.jpeg
A year later. She is developing as a hunter, provider and I appreciate the time spent with my girls! They both drew cow tags again and we have had a blast so far this season. We spotted some elk yesterday morning,made a stalk and she felt very comfortable with a 300 yard shot. This year she shot my 7mm rem mag with 180 Bergers. My youngest is up now, she likes to get in close so we'll let you all know how we do.Who ever said girls couldn't shoot! This is the group at 100 yards she shot with this rifle last time at the range.
88815ABC-941B-46C2-9071-FE9B0558ED97.jpeg
59526263-85E4-420B-A7B7-2CD366ECB549.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.