Daughters first elk..Amazing Shot

I love to hunt, but it really is "all about the family hunting together". Superb shooting, and excellent daddy help. My youngest daughter and I did a double on bucks this past Friday after hunting for 5 days. My oldest son and I both scored on our elk on a hunt in Hell's canyon last month. It just doesn't get any better than being with the kids and hunting. It's worth 1000 trips to Disneyland.

Amazing story....

Did she practice long range shooting before or is it her first time shot that far?
Great shot!

The girl has always been a good shot but she had never shot that far. In fact I had no plans of it then. When we set up and I realized how solid the gun was I told her to get behind it and see how if felt.

When the elk was in the reticle just resting I decided we should see if we could get everything lined up while still on the bag after dialing the 14+ MOA. As she was prone behind the gun and explaining what she was seeing I decided it was the perfect setup for a shot.

Turned out to be the right decision. :)

Awesome story, congrats to this young lady on the elk. I will have my 19 year old daughter in Colorado this November for her first elk hunt.

Recent Posts