my buck got jacked

Destroying someone's property is illegal and that's what those bullets did to the truck if you guys did what you said. I've felt like doing that more than a time or two myself, but you just need to use a little self restraint and not get into trouble yourself! We're cool MikeBob---have a good day and root for the Patriots!!!

I did not shoot the pickup I didnt even have my rifle with me i had already loaded it in the truck at the bottom of the hill.

Patriots ---- Boomer Sooners Baby

TopGun

I guess it's a difference in location and law enforcement. Here in the South we take our personal property rights very serious. When we say no trespassing, we actually mean it. I did shoot holes thru the guy's truck and the game warden and the Sheriff had no problem with it at all!! But they did say to be careful and shoot straight!......Like I said before, we are talking about precision shooting....not spray and pray.

No one in the thread said anything about shooting the poacher.

TopGun

I guess it's a difference in location and law enforcement. Here in the South we take our personal property rights very serious. When we say no trespassing, we actually mean it. I did shoot holes thru the guy's truck and the game warden and the Sheriff had no problem with it at all!! But they did say to be careful and shoot straight!......Like I said before, we are talking about precision shooting....not spray and pray.

No one in the thread said anything about shooting the poacher.

I'm a lawyer in the South & have seen people end up with felony records and do prison time for far less than this.

Having lived in other parts of this country, I can say the values you see as Southern, are not. They are "rural", and are often found amongst country people, whether Northern, Southern, Eastern, or Western that grew up where self-reliance was necessary. That said, these values are not common in city people, whether that city is NY, Atlanta, or Minneapolis.

I remember a deputy Sheriff looking at our gun cabinet after he was called to our house because of a prowler. He asked if I could shoot and I said yes. He then told me to shoot the SOB the next time he showed up. That was in rural Western NEW YORK.

Buano---Thanks for your post because it saved me time from saying exactly what you did. It doesn't matter where you live. Filling a vehicle full of bullet holes, as was mentioned, is illegal anywhere you go and I hate to hear that anyone anywhere in law enforcement would condone it. Nuff said!!!

Last edited:
I have alot of family in law enforcement and game wardens and every single one of them will tell you that if something happens you are on your own until they are alerted.

so you are saying if someone is in need of help by being beaten, raped, stabbed, shot, just walk right on by and call the cops because after they kill said person they can catch them and put them in prison, BUT you will be ok because you just walked right on bye. In your 30 yrs as a cop how many crimes did you stop.

1: First off I didn't say I would shoot the people, I said I would shoot the truck, come on people no one is going to shoot a person over a deer, get real.

2: cops are there after being called who is supposed to protect us during the crime. cops do not have the resources to protect the people.

3: I believe in law's and law enforcement and I do believe the officers work hard and do a very good job at what they do, but they CANNOT be there to protect you without being called. What is a person supposed to do until they arrive. Sit and watch people get killed, beaten, stabbed

4: I prey to god if anything seriously bad is happening to my family that someone will step up and help them and not stand and watch until cops show up because they don't want to take law into their own hands.

5: If you post keep it clean, do not bring up ethics just opinions

6: Criminals know the cops will not be around until they are called so why not just go right into this house and kill everyone, because cops and government think we dont need to take "law into our own hands", because we will just call 911 and just stand there until cops show up which will give them several minutes to do what they will. Plus neighbors cant do anything either because that would be taking law into their own hands.

7: How many crimes would be committed if the criminal new every single person around would get up in all his sh** until he was stopped.

8: There was a man with 2 kids walking through the park after playing and came across a man getting beaten bad by 2 guys trying to rob him. The man told the kids to go tell someone to call the cops. The man then jumped in to help the guy against the other 2. Which he was not doing all that great because they were way bigger than him, but the 2 guys all the sudden took off because the guy was getting help. The cops ask the man why would you do such a thing, the man said he needed help, and if I just walk on by what would that be telling my kids, that it was ok to hurt people. I was 12 when that happened

9: Criminals will always have their way in this world as long as people pass it off to police and government, because its not the police and governments world, it is ours.

11: Have you ever watched the show " what would you do". would you be one that walks on by and not help.

12: Their is a lot of interesting opinions in here I must say I agree with some, not with others, but good all the same.

13: Topgun I thank you for your carrier in law enforcement as well as all that serve in the military.

Amen brother.

I have always attempted to help someone in need when I could. I on a couple of occasions, opened myself up to some risk, in the end it always turned out well. I would not hesitate to use my best judgment in about any situation to help someone in need. I would hope if I ever needed it there would be someone willing to help me, my kids, the wife too.

I know I would'nt , but it would be nice to blow his knee cap out. Then just let him keep the deer : )gun)

I know I would'nt , but it would be nice to blow his knee cap out. Then just let him keep the deer : )gun)

The problem with comments like that is that the nuts of this world can act on them, even when we say them "mostly innocently" to blow off steam. That said, yes, it is a pleasant fantasy — so long as it stays a fantasy. People like the thought of Karma, where a person reaps the rewards of their previous actions. Too bad it so rarely happens in real life!

The problem with comments like that is that the nuts of this world can act on them, even when we say them "mostly innocently" to blow off steam. That said, yes, it is a pleasant fantasy — so long as it stays a fantasy. People like the thought of Karma, where a person reaps the rewards of their previous actions. Too bad it so rarely happens in real life!

Good point

Do not go out and act on some of the responses you have read here thinking they are all legal.

Very true. We would all probably have liked to do certain things that are illegal to get back at someone or for retribution over some past problem. I think the best things is to keep them to yourself because putting them out anywhere, like on a BB for instance, could come back to haunt you if something happened and you had made some kind of a statement about what you would like to do or have done to someone.

Generally all you have to do is make it known that these local jerks are deer thieves and the community and co workers take care of the rest, lest that's how it works here, no one would give them any quarter and they would not be tolerated in your hunting area!
for sure, a deer isnt worth getting shot over, just get some info, be sure its him and spread the word, as for you son, no harm no foul.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts