my buck got jacked

That was the ONLY responce to gve your son, for that way he takes care of his own problems in the future insted of relying on someone else who really does't care. If those guys were worried about leagle ramifications they wouldn't be doing things like this...Just hope the deer had chronic waisting disease and they are in a hospital fighting for their lives now....

So now we know where the anti's get their dingy thoughts about every armed person being a time bomb waiting to go off---from our lack of common sense

And why they gain ground...... Ostriches putting their heads in the sand...More like the survival of the fittest...Not a time bomb.

Sorry you took that comment personal , i was referring to all of us --clown

P.S. YOUR RIGHT ,WE ALL SHOULD TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN PROBLEMS AND TEACH OUR KIDS TO ALSO , BUT DO IT WITHOUT BEING AS WRONG AS THE GUILTY PARTY

Last edited:
Troy44

Dont let it bother you their are always going to be people who are scared to stand up, and nock you for doing so.

Anti gunners DONT get their way by people saying enough. People own this country not government.

Mikebob: That is a terrible thing that happened to you and your son (Hunting partner!)!
I would have tended to go with your sons suggestion at the time and would have reported the crime to both the Game Wardens and the County Sheriffs.
Your solution may be fine - then again YOU may end up in trouble if you try to take the law into your own hands.
I would just hate to see this already bad situation get worse by YOUR getting caught doing something illegal.
Then, the original cretins get away with their crime AND they then KNOW who you are.
There IS a thing called KARMA - I used to NOT believe in Karma at all.
But along came my 29 years of front line law enforcement service and YOU can rest assured that Karma is real and will come to play.
I say forget this sad situation and carry on in a higher moral capacity than the cretins who victimized you.
Best of luck to you and your son in the future.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Several years ago my brother asked me to help him load a good buck he had killed. When we got there I made fun of him because he had dragged the deer into a stump hole and covered him up with a brush top because he was scared someone would take him while he was gone. After reading this thread I may start doing the same thing.

Several years ago my brother asked me to help him load a good buck he had killed. When we got there I made fun of him because he had dragged the deer into a stump hole and covered him up with a brush top because he was scared someone would take him while he was gone. After reading this thread I may start doing the same thing.

I Will

I took my son out to a wheat field i have been watching for some time. I new where the bucks had been coming into the field right down from a hilltop that allowed us to see the whole field. Well this day the deer out smarted us and came out on the far end about 1150 yards out. I needed them within 500 for my boys 243. I brought my 308 instead of my 300WM since I was backup. We decided to wait and see if they would move toward us and get to 500 yards for him or 800 for me ( I didnt want to shoot any farther than that with my 308. The deer moved toward us slowly but by dark they where 880 yards out. So I loaded a round, dialed up the scope, held 2mil for wind, and sent the 168 smk on its way. The buck jumped, ran about 25 yards towards the other side, stopped for a few seconds then dropped. I was thinking cool we can drive around to the other side since he dropped by the fence line which is right beside the road. I started picking up my blanket and sand bags throwing them in the truck when my son said" hey dad, dad, DAD I THINK SOMEONE IS JACKING YOUR DEER" I turned and sure enough a white 4 door pickup pulled up there, 2 guys jumped out grabbed my deer and took off. Now we are sitting on a hill on the other side of wheat field about 200yards from the truck, no road threw the field so we would have to drive 2 miles around to get to that spot. I took off the other way hoping to catch them when they turned the corner and hopefully drive right into me, but the SOB's turned the other direction and I couldn't find them.

My son ask me what do we do now dad call the game ranger, I told him no that pickup is stuck in my head and they will be back and I will take care of it.

Call the Game Warden - going to prison isn't going to "take care of it" and law enforcement in that area can find them before you do - probably known already doing crap like that!

this is a great thread and to all the people who say doing this or that is not worth a deer dont understand. once the crime has happened it no longer is just about the deer. it is also about dealing with those who think that they are bigger and better than the law and the citizens who uphold said laws.
i cant say what i would have done. i did not know this kinda thing happened. i knew people would hunt illegally but steal another mans deer that is shameful.

There are lots of scumbags that will steal, vandalize property, etc. and it probably will get worse the way our country is going. However, nothing ever justifies a person doing what was suggested even if the perpetrator gets away. The only way a person should get directly involved in a crime IMHO is if their life or someone else's life is in jeopardy. What happened sucked because the person couldn't even get a license plate number and/or description of the person who took the buck. The last two nice elk racks that we put in my buddie's truck were locked to the bed with several big chains while we brought out the meat from those two animals just because of crap like was mentioned in the OP! I also lock up every single thing of value, including gas cans because of the high gas prices, anywhere I camp because of this type of garbage going on. It's a shame, but this world has a lot of nasty people living in it and the more you can do to protect yourself the better off you are. However, taking the law into your own hands is not one of them!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.