My 2010 buck

mcseal2

I got my buck, a buck I had on trail cam. He came out late and I was pretty sure he had the in-line point I'd seen from the trail cam pics and was a good buck. I was running out of light fast and decided to take him. He stood for quite some time with his butt to me facing away before turning to offer a quartering away shot. This buck came out in a different place than expected and offered a longer shot. I hit him with the 130gr accubond handloaded to 3175fps from my 270 win at the last rib and the bullet traveled through the lungs to break the far shoulder but did not exit. He was at 348 yards and bullet performance was perfect. He ran toward me about 80yds before dropping. He gross scores 147 2/8". Not my best buck, he would have been a stud if I'd let him go another year, but I'm happy with him. If I'd have had a better look I'd likely have passed on him just due to his age but the light didn't allow that. He is still going on the wall.
Attachments

Last edited:
Congrats man, good looking deer. To me it always means more when you have trail cam photos of em. I've shot deer before that I had the privilege of watching for years then taking them when they are mature, it's an awesome feeling.

Again congrats,
Nathan

Thanks everyone, scouting and having trail cam pics make you feel like a sucessful hunt is more than just luck, I agree. It makes deer hunting months of enjoyment instead of days.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.