My 280 Remington

scoutrs2

Been on here for a little while but this is my first post. Thought I would share my new build. It took a bit to get it, but was worth the wait. A buddy and I had two of these made by Darrell Holland. It turned out way better than I imagined. We worked out a pretty accurate load with 168 vld Bergers. It will out shoot me everyday. Sorry the pictures aren't that great, not very good with the wife's camera.

Remington 700 long action.
24" Rock Creek Barrel, M24 contour + Holland quick discharge brake.
McMillan A5 stock, RAD camo pattern and KMW LoggerHead adjustable cheek piece.
Jewell trigger.
Holland tactical bolt handle.
Holland bubble level.
Near 30 moa double recoil lug base with a low alpha mount.
Nightforce 3.5x15x50 NPR1, HS ZS.
CeraKote finish by Ron Downs at STS arms.

IMG_2213.jpg
IMG_2215.jpg

300 ultra- stsarms.com. He is out of Toledo, Oregon. He did a snake skin job on my buddies gun. He does top notch work.

Randy- The load is 53 grains of h4350. They are set 1/1000 off the lands. My buddy does the loading for us. Im pretty luckY and just have to shoot it. It will same hole if I can do my part. I have only got it to 600 yards so far but it gave me a 2 1/4" group. Cant complain there.

Darren

It comes in at around 15 pounds. But that's on a bathroom scale. It's great for shooting but can get heavy on long hunts.

Their is a guy on here a lot that says it the best about heavy rifles. you can walk slowly up the hill taking your time with a heavy rifle and shoot your game way way way over their. then take your time getting to it.:D Very Nice looking rifle.

That is one nice set up you got there. Gotta love the .280 Rem.
Curious as to what kind of MV your getting with the Berger 168?

scoutrs2,

Beautiful build! I couldn't resist a little cropping. Easy to delete them though:)

Attachments

• 000 280.jpg
    000 280.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 000 281.jpg
    000 281.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 118
I like the cropped photos. I was lucky to get them posted. :). Im getting about 2845 fps with the bergers and 53 grains h4350.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.