Muzzle Loader Question

mo

I have an TC Encore 209 x 50. The ML is very accurate so I have over looked the little problem that I have with the barrel. The problem is it's to hard to load.

I shoot sabots and I have tried different sabots, and bullets. The barrel is clean, and I have tried Bore Butter. I have also tried putting KY lube directly on the Sabot, but it is so hard to load I have been thinking about selling it. Any suggestion? I don't want to mess up the accuracy it will stack them. Thanks for any info.

Moe

try some traditions T-Shok XLR's, 250 gr. they load easier than most sabots and shoot better than shockwaves in my TC. they make 1 ragged hole in the target at 100 from my thunderhawk
JS

I have an Encore .45 cal and it shoots Powerbelt bullets wonderfully plus they are really easy to load. No sabot, just a plastic base cup that expands to bore size when fired. Recovered one from the off side shoulder of a deer shot at 100 yds just under the skin mushroomed out like a Mentos mint--225 gr bullet.
The Barnes sabots seem to fit very tight but the Hornady SST loads pretty easy in my gun. Hope this helps. Sam

There is a brand new sabot about to be sold by T/C that is very easy to load. They are yellow in color and really slick. Just wait a bit and you will be able to get them. Loads like a Powerbelt, only reaches way out there if you are shooting ShockWaves. Also a new solvent coming that is very good, also from T/C, makes cleaning a simple job. Not sure what they are going to call the sabots or solvent, they will have a marketing name for each.

Harvester "CRUSH RIB" sabots are much easier to load. Many folks can load .458 bullets with them!

edge.

i216130sq02.jpg

each barrel has it's own diameter,groove and bore.with muzzleloaders you are making the fit with whatever components you use. there are 2 variables.bullet and sabot.try different combos until you come up with the best fit for your gun.i think you'll find a very snug fit will provide the best accuracy.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.