MT Deer/Elk Special Permit Draw Result is Out.

Yet again swimming in bonus points!! A co worker who is really hardcore and has the max points in everything and has drawn nothing got the word today a couple guys he knows who party drew the bull tag in the Crazies last year killing 370+ class bulls and this year they both drew 380 tags???? I'm feeling these bull permits need to go to a 7 year wait also!!

Yet again swimming in bonus points!! A co worker who is really hardcore and has the max points in everything and has drawn nothing got the word today a couple guys he knows who party drew the bull tag in the Crazies last year killing 370+ class bulls and this year they both drew 380 tags???? I'm feeling these bull permits need to go to a 7 year wait also!!

I've heard many good things (mostly from the old timers) about the Crazies.

A friend now has 14 points putting in for 455 tag (Beartooth WMA), the same friend who told my party to put in for it in 2013; we drew 3 bull and 4 cow elk permits without any points ... we got really lucky that year. :D

Just starting to build up points, now at 2. Cheers!

I have 7 points myself here in Montana, didn't draw ****, but I'm completely stoked because my 13 year old boy and my 12 year old daughter both drew the 798-20 bull tag! Who says you need pefference points! Looks like I'll have my work cut out to find a couple nice bulls this year! Once again I'm a pack mule!

I have 7 points myself here in Montana, didn't draw ****, but I'm completely stoked because my 13 year old boy and my 12 year old daughter both drew the 798-20 bull tag! Who says you need pefference points! Looks like I'll have my work cut out to find a couple nice bulls this year! Once again I'm a pack mule!

I have had that tag a couple of times. Dry years are good, wet years are not so good. On a dry year you will find them near the reservoir. Dry years I think they spread out on the prairie and are difficult to find. I hope you can find a couple of the monsters that are out there for the kids. That would be awesome.

Steve

Thanks Steve, looking forward to it, just need to decide if I'm hunting by land or boat or both!

Thanks Steve, looking forward to it, just need to decide if I'm hunting by land or boat or both!

Boat is good as long as the wind doesn't blow. Had a near death experience two seasons ago with my daughter on the lake trying to get from Hell Creek to Forchette Bay.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.