Mountain rifles inc. palmer ak

Does anybody have any info on Mountain Rifles. I recently received a rifle chambered in 300 Weatherby. The barrel has Mountain Rifles engraved on it but no other identifying marks that I can find. I'd like to find out what the action is. I am NOT familiar enough with all the different manufacturers to identify one from another. Does anyone have any insight to M.R.Inc.? I know that the owner has passed away some time ago. This rifle was delivered in Jan of 1997. There was a guy who was a member here a long time back that had info on them but he seems to be long gone. Thanks!!!
The MRI rifle I had was built on a Dakota 76 action.

Very interesting. It looks like the "sako style" extractor may have beenw repositioned. Possibly the 300 mag brass was may have been hitting the windage knob. This stood out because the filler weld appears to have a lot of porosity.
Bet it was pretty as new though. Take care of it for your friend, he's looking down and waiting for you to use it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.