LongRifles Inc.

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by WesB, Jun 3, 2010.

1. WesB

WesB Well-Known Member

I wanted to share with you my new rifle built by Chad Dixon aka Nesikachad. Like many of you I followed Chad's posts while he was in Iraq. I contacted him as soon as he returned to the states. After that first phone conversation my head was spinning with information overload, but I immediately knew Chad was the gunsmith I was looking for. I had previously spoken with some of the top gunsmiths only to be left feeling like I was waisting their time with my newbie questions. Chad on the other hand was more then willing to answer all of my questions, share ideas, and explain everything in more detail then I could understand. His customer service is beyond compare, he kept me informed every step of the way with phone calls and photos. When he discovered a small cosmetic flaw in one of the components that didn't meet his standards he contacted the manufacture and had a new part shipped out. Photos do not do justice to this rifle. The fit and finish is superb, every line and detail is perfect, it looks like it grew together. Any one considering having a custom rifle built , look no farther then LongRifles Inc.
    Wes
    from this
    [​IMG]
    to this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  2. WesB

WesB Well-Known Member

More photos
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010

3. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

Nice!

4. japple

japple Well-Known Member

I love seeing pictures of chads work, it is always impecable.

5. NesikaChad

NesikaChad Well-Known Member

Wes,

Thanks for the kind words, it's very appreciative and thoughtful.

All the best,

C

6. phorwath

phorwath Well-Known Member

That's a beauty for sure. Thanks for sharing the detailed pics and comments.

7. ROBSTER

ROBSTER Well-Known Member

nice real nice it has got me drooling .
    robster

8. rem300ultra

rem300ultra Well-Known Member

Look's like I will be calling Chad for a new rifle I want built.

9. mapsjanhere

mapsjanhere Active Member

Maybe we should have a "built by Chad" fan club ;)

10. blacktails

blacktails Well-Known Member

Very nice! Looks similar to what I have in mind to have built. The action and barrel fit look excellent. Can you tell me what stock that is you used, and did Chad do all of the inletting on it? On his site, he says that he'll only build on stocks that are "free of any/all finish and inletting work". If he did that for your stock, he did some damn fine work.

11. WesB

WesB Well-Known Member

The stock is a McMillan Remington Hunter with the edge technology. Chad did all of the inletting. As I said in my first post pictures do not do justice to this rifle. All of the inletting follows the metal perfectly and is ballanced, no gaps anywhere. Chad also spent a lot of time hand sanding the stock to smooth the transition from stock to metal . This is my second custom rifle. The fit and finish between this rifle and the first is like night and day. The first was inletted by McMillan and assembled by the gunsmith. There were large gaps around all of the metal. The ejection port of the stock was shorter then the port on the action, and the gunsmith made no attempt to clean it up. I was extremely disappointed in the finished product. It's obvious that Chad takes great pride in his work.
    Wes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  12. phorwath

phorwath Well-Known Member

Your LongRifles Inc. rifle looks like it was genetically engineered and grew into a full-fledged rifle, as designed. No detail overlooked!

13. usmcMT

usmcMT Member

Brother Dixon knows how to spin up a good stick..

14. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Chad does some fine work. Great looking rig, congratulations. Enjoy.