Vitual Tour of LongRifles, Inc.

NesikaChad

I think I finally got this "turd" polished the way I want it. Maybe the OCD is subsiding a little (NEVAH!)

Just in time to pack it all up later this summer for the move into the new building! Woo Hoo! 3000 square feet of gunmaking, girlfriend harrassing (molesting) mayhem.

Here's my cave:

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

Last edited:
wow! that's a really nice workshop! You must really be odc, by looking at your cave and your bedding jobs, i think it's a pretty accurate diagnosis :D

Awesome shop. It looks cleaner than a hospital!!! Can't wait to see what your new setup is going to look like. Are you going to have reinforced floors under your mills? Are you going to have them on separate slabs so vibration from one doesn't effect the other? Or does that something your not going to have to worry about?

Great looking shop. Very neat, organized and I'm sure a whole lotta capitol tied up there.

14" slab with 5/8" RB spaced 6" OC. In floor heating, 14' ceiling, central air, 2x8 or 2x10 stick building. 800amp main with a voltage conditioner.

Should be pretty nice. Hope to have a dry shell in about 8 weeks. Breaking ground next Wednesday.:D

Debated on the isolated slabs. The in floor heating would make this a bit more work so going to bow out on that part. I know I preach it a lot here when the subject comes up, but I think with a 14" slab I'll be fine. Gun work isn't super invasive/hard on the machines anyway.

Thanks guys. Been a pile of work, but it's coming along. Almost there. . .

My new Royal carbide tipped CNC live center arrived yesterday morning. WHAT a difference! Very cool piece of gear.

14" slab with 5/8" RB spaced 6" OC...I don't think you'll have any problem heck they don't even build interstate concrete section that good. I'd like to see some pics of them pouring that slab.

That place doesnt exist. There is no way anyone could have a shop that nice, neat, and clean. I bet you have never used it. :D

If my shop looked like that, I would lock myself out and just look through the window with lust!

Very nice!

Chad, more square footage just = more stuff! You said 'in floor heating', Radiant Floor? I have radiant floor heating in my shop and dearly love it! Everything, I mean everything, is the same temp as the air in the shop. Your CNCs will love it along with the A/C, and so will you.

Radiant heating is definitely the way to go. I have it now in this building also.

Oky doke. Off to build a Palma rifle today.

Stay tuned for pics. . .

C

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.