Mountain Rifle

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by houston, Apr 14, 2011.

1. houston

houston Well-Known Member

After my latest adventure toting a scendero around the high sheep country I'm ready to buy another rifle but a few pounds lighter. Staying in the $2000 range less a scope what would be a few options in your opinions?
    Thanks Jeff~

2. Long Time Long Ranger

Long Time Long Ranger Well-Known Member

I am having very good luck with the tikka t-3 lights at 6 3/8 pounds. Mine are dead meat to 800 yards. If you are going up to $2000 range some customs could be close to your budget which would be better..

3. strombeckj

strombeckj Well-Known Member

Contact Kevin Weaver, Weaver Rifles Web He would be happy to walk through some options from a full custom to buying a stock rifle and shaving some weight off it. Lots of options for $2k or under, not to mention you get a tack driver!

Jon

4. sp6x6

sp6x6 Well-Known Member

Remington and Browning tit. are less than the price. I also see some very nice rifles on this site classifieds, semi to full custom

5. roninflag

roninflag Well-Known Member

i have two rem 700 ti's . on 30-06 one 300saum. also i have a wood stock 30-06 mtn. if i was you i would build one. you can get a rem 700 stainless adl at sportsmans warehouse cheap ;sell stock ,barrel, trigger.,scope and mts.