Montana Extreme cleaning solvents

Cinchy

Last year I bought the full set of cleaning solvents from Montana Extreme, even bought their jags & brushes. At first I was really impressed, after cleaning a few of my guns I thought to be clean? Now I am wondering if the solvents might be on the harsh side? I have "broke in" the barrels on a couple new rifles using their procedure instructions & have mixed thoughts on the results?? Anyway I was just wondering if anyone on here was also using their products & what your thoughts were on them?

I tried them and yes it is harsh on some barrel material if left in too long. I cleaned with it and when it said I was done I then went back in with BoreTech Eliminator. BTE started bringing out more copper. BTE has little or no smell. BTE will not harm your barrel no matter how long you leave it soak. BTE can be left in as a corrosion preventive. BTE does not need lube put in the barrel after cleaning to protect. Oil in the barrel will need to be burned out to get back to an accurate zero. BTE works for me in all these aspects.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.