Montana Bob Marshall Wilderness Area early season rifle hunt

I'm sitting here in on a 90 degree Florida day, green with envy!

Please post lots of pics so the rest of us can live vicariously through your eyes.:)

I'm sitting here in on a 90 degree Florida day, green with envy!

Please post lots of pics so the rest of us can live vicariously through your eyes.:)

I **** sure will! :D. I like to capture as many of those moments from the mountain as I can ! It gets me through my long Vegas summers, knowing when fall rolls around I will be northbound with good friends and family to spend time in the mountains. You should head to the beach , I bet there is some views down there as well ! Nice peaks and valleys if ya know what I mean ! :)

I am headed to the Salmon zone from 10/09-11/01. So looking
forward to this year .

Post up your pics when you get home.

The Bob got snow yesterday.

Steve

Perfect ! Nothing like a little snow and a chill in the air to go chasing after some elk! Seems like that'll sometimes get things moving and **** sure makes them easier to spot/track !

Myself and all my gear made it safe and sound to Helena. Headed into town tomorrow for the last of our supplies then headed up to Augusta to get our gear weighed out and ready to go in early Saturday am! I will post up some pics when I come off the mountain!

Del Gue: Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. "Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men." "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline. ....quote from The movie Jeremiah Johnson....seemed appropriate! :D

We just got off the mountain. No luck. My partner missed a bull and that was the only opportunity we got. I got some amazing pictures of the area. I will post them when I get home. Beautiful country and we got our adrenaline going when we bugled those bulls in that my buddy got a shot at, he and a few others came in hot, but it was thick timber and only the one came out in a clearing. It was disappointing that he didn't connect on that one, but all in all it was a good time.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.