CO 2nd Rifle Season in GMU 521 (Raggeds Wilderness Area) Looking for INFO

So it's been a year and a half since my elk hunt in GMU 521. I was lucky enough to draw a mule deer tag for the same unit. We saw some cows but no bulls.

I did see three trophy muleys about 600 yards away up the mountain not far from Gold Basin. I did not have a shot as they were too far for me and a full value wind. I was hunting around 12,000 feet just above the tree line.

However, I am planning my second elk hunting trip to the same area this coming October (19-27). If anyone has any info for the Gold Basin and Silver Basin area, please let me know. I learned a tremendous amount on my first hunt in 2011 and I am ready to learn even more and hopefully bring home some meat.

Hi guys. I was just wondering how your hunts went and what areas you were in. I'm going to the electric mountain/chalk mountain area this year for 3rd rifle season. any advice would be helpful. I posted a thread that you can find by searching GMU 521. I hope to hear from you.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.