CO 2nd Rifle Season in GMU 521 (Raggeds Wilderness Area) Looking for INFO

I am going on my first Elk hunt to Colorado this year during the 2nd rifle season and we will be in GMU 521. I am looking for any info from anyone who has hunted this area before. I know we plan on going up in elevation close to 9000 feet but from what I have found so far this is a pretty popular place espcially due to OTC tags for this season.

Devil Dog, I was in this area 2 years ago and killed a pretty good bull, i am headed back up there this year with stick and string, not sure which part of the zone you are planning on hunting in but i will help the best i can.

I happen to live in the same town as you so if you have an e-mail i might be able to help a little.

Anyway, holler if you havent figured anything out.

I will be hunting there first season. Maybe not in Raggeds, but in 521. I am going with a friend that has hunted the area for a while.

Any info I can get would be helpful also. Only out for elk once before 15 years ago...

Looking forward to it!!

Denny

Anyone have any new insight on this area. Looks like it may be getting some snow tonight and this weekend. I leave a week from today. :D

Excellent...Best of luck to you next week. Our season starts Sat the 22nd. We will be leaving from Texas on the 19th. Any info you gather while you are there would be much appreciated. And when you get that biggin, send me some pics.

Is the first season OTC or draw? I can't remember. I know the 2nd season is OTC.

Good Luck,
DevilDOG

It is a draw but has leftover tags generally from what I understand. Was looking at the map and we are just south of the Raggeds. I think it is Erickson campground where we are staying.

Hopefully I'll have some good news to share with you.
You going to have access to the boards while you are traveling? I most lokwont be back till the 19th or 20th.

Denny

Have you seen this map
Colorado Hunting Atlas

It might take a few minutes to completely load, depending on where you are. I am currently in South America so it took a while.

I suspect you know this already, but it will probably be cold.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.