Early Season Luck

Rucker61

My hunting buddy scored early and well this year, in a Ranching for Wildlife hunt in Colorado. We don't think that grin is going away any time soon. 7mm Mag, 140gr Berger VLD, 225 yards.

JimsElkHead.jpg

JimsElk.jpg

You know you have got it made when you bring your elk out whole.

You know your are spoiled when a tractor does it for you. LOL :D

Congrats on an awsome bull!!

Awesome bull!!

What Outfitter / Ranch did you hunt with??

I am leaving on Sept. 6th to hunt on a Ranching For Wildlife Ranch = Cross Mountain Ranch near Craig/Hayden Colorado.

Awesome bull!!

What Outfitter / Ranch did you hunt with??

I am leaving on Sept. 6th to hunt on a Ranching For Wildlife Ranch = Cross Mountain Ranch near Craig/Hayden Colorado.

Unfortunately, the shooter was my buddy, not me. I'm not sure what ranch he was at, and I probably want to keep that secret, anyway ;)

Ranching for Wildlife is run by the state and generally requires preference point to obtain a Bull tag in a decent area. Outfitters hunt these same lands with clients but generally not during these special hunts.

This gives the average "Joe" a chance to hunt private lands without paying a outfitter thousands of dollars for a hunt. Nice setup but it can take years to draw a real good area. I have 14 points and my daughter has 15 points. Maybe next year :D.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts