McMillan Stock: will it ever get here?

It's Here!!!

Just got a message from Bob Hart. My stock is in. Guess I went and shot my big mouth off to soon. Not the first time (definatly not the last!) Well to say I'm excited is an understatment. Will post pics as soon as I can drive to Nescopeck, PA and pick it up.

Dont stress too much on your stock. At the first of january i ordered a savage hunter stock, plain jane as they come, and i recieved it maybe a month ago!!! Good thing about the stock though, as skinny as it is i would be you i could do chin ups on it and not flex it. they make a hell of a product, just take too dang long doing it.

steve

Have you looked at an "MPI" stock. they offer an "A-5" style stock with about a 3 week turnaround. they offer more paint options then Mcmillan and a better price. I cant say they are a superior product but seem to be pretty darn good.

mpistocks.com

Stay away from the MPI stocks...

I used their tactical stock on my STW. We had to add material to the floorplate area so that the stock would be deep enough to fit the magazine. The fore-end was cracked in a few places, so we fill the entire forend with Devcon. I also had to fill the pistolgrip area with devcon to stiffen things up there. I thought maybe this was a fluke, so we ordered another for my brother 243AI. His took the same amount of work. After around 30 hours in my stock, I had the rifle apart one day and noticed the stock was cracked in 3 different places around the action area. I solved the problem and ordered a McMillan.

Ok, so if the demand is so high and has been for years, why doesn't McMillan do something about the production capacity? I mean da ...

(I have been dying to ask this!)

Last edited:
Well, it's August and my McMillan Tooley MBR stock is still not here. It has been 24 weeks from when I ordered it. I have all my other parts for my new rifle, I am just waiting on the stock. I wish it would get here!

Wildcat

i just ordered an A-5 with all the bells and whistles yesterday if everything goes as you guys say, hopefully i will get a very nice christmas present.
huntinfool18

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.