McMillan Game Scout Pictures

Letzgoracin301

Good Evening, I am going to be Putting a 300 Ackley build together and I'm thinking about using a McMillan game scout. Does anyone have pictures of a Sendero contour in a game scout? Thanks.

Sendero contour will not fit very well in a gamescout. Mcmillian says biggest bbl channel will fit is a #5 and honestly a #4 looks a little goofy in that stock. Here's a pic of a #4 in one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 613
When you talk contours you need to specify manufacturer with the contour number. A Bartlein #4 is the same as a Krieger #6. The tapered part of a Bartlein #4 that fits in the stock is also larger than their Sendero contour. A Krieger #4 is a lot smaller than a Sendero contour.

Here is one from another thread with a sendero and it looks good, so yes, could you please elaborate on whose contour you are referencing. I'm getting a little worried b/c I have one I plan on putting a bart med palma on.
28806d1386638839-mcmillan-game-scout-sendero.jpg

Brux. It doesn't look bad at all, I just wouldn't have went any bigger. Saying that, the sendero contour picture didn't look bad at all.

No it doesn't. I am still not sure what I an going to do. I will be running a fluted barrel I wonder if that is what helps that Sendero in the above picture. I really like the round foreend of the game scout over the square a3.

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time believing thats a brux #4 with a muzzle diameter of 0.67". While the sendero has a MD of 0.82". Unless the style of the action makes it ride higher in the stock than the remington causing the barrel not to sit as low in the forearm.

I'm highly concerned about this b/c I have a gamescout and a medium fluted palma barrel on order and Mcmillan said my stock is going to production in a week or 2. I also found out that Mcm makes their stocks specific to the predator action rather than going w/ just a remmy footprint b/c I had switched actions and they said it does make a difference. I'm curious as to whether or not CPG's was properly fitted?

Edit.... I think I got ahead of myself w/ that pic.. don't think it was a gs stock.

I don't like it but I don't need to like it. The only one who need to like it is the person who owns it. I don't think I would like anything bigger than a Krieger #4 or maybe a light Palma.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts