New McMillan Game Scout stock- opinion?

sakoluvr

What do you guys think of this new offering? A mag sporter contour should be a nice fit. Wondering where/how a stock like that would shine? Prone, off hand, sitting with a bag rest from a tower stand over a bean field??

Opinions?

I'm also wanting to know what people who have actually held these think. I'm looking at building a long range hunting gun and this looks like a good stock, but it's hard to tell only looking at pictures.

Thanks

I love the stock. I have one on my Sendero .300 Win Mag. I got a 60% OD, 25% Woodland Green, 15% Beige blend. Super happy with how it came out. It is light weight, shoulders AWESOME for offhand shots, and is comfortable to shoot prone. I would also say that transfers felt recoil much better than the HS Precision stock that came on the Sendero. I especially am happy about the classic style forend. A wide one is great for bench shooting, but I prefer hunting with the slimmer build. I did not have it pillar bedded, and still shoot sub .5 MOA groups all day (I have shot out as far as 650yards). The subtle palm swell and A-3 vertical pistol grip really relax your posture behind the weapon in all positions.

My one gripe about it, and this may be more a QC issue with McMillan, is that the swivels are not perfectly centered on the stock, so if you have a bench style bi pod on there, it will cant one way or another. I have already sent it back to fix the issue, along with a couple chips due to "air bubbles" and it still came back slightly off center. I will just get a pivoting Bipod if I feel the need to hunt with one. I am a high country backpack style hunter, and this stock fits my needs perfectly. It lightened an already heavy gun, it is a solid platform to shoot from, and if I am carrying the weapon or putting a stalk on something, im not switching hands all the time because of a wide *** grip on the forend.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.