MBM Beast Ti brake 300 Norma Mag

I just got my 300 Norma Mag put together, and wanted to do a quick review of the Beast Ti brake from Nathan at Muzzle Brakes and More.

I got the 5 port brake, and it weighs 1.9 OZ turned down to .900, I'm very impressed with the brake it's by far the most efficient that I've used.

My 9.5 lb (scoped) 300 Norma Mag pushing 230 Berger VLD's at 2930 fps has less recoil than my 7 WSM shooting 180's with a JP brake.

I attached a you tube link of my wife putting a few 230's though it, she barely felt the recoil.

If you're looking for an extremely effective, lightweight titanium brake give these a try!
Nate does great work and his customer service is excellent.
View attachment 131245

View attachment 131243 View attachment 131244

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but is that a Rem action and Remage barrel?

Who made the barrel?

Nathan's brakes are a lot cheaper than some of the other options so we are actually "saving" you money ;)

The Area 419 Sidewinder brake (also very nice and extremely effective) I have on my other 300 NMI cost me $200 plus shipping.
Thanks ! I'll let you know which I get. Has to be better than the Magnabake I've had on there for 15 yrs. ??? I don't know any different but it was ok with me. I'll try something different should be better.

Nathan's brakes are a lot cheaper than some of the other options so we are actually "saving" you money ;)

The Area 419 Sidewinder brake (also very nice and extremely effective) I have on my other 300 NMI cost me $200 plus shipping.
And ok... Im saving me money. I'll figure that one out. Maybe . Lol. Thx !

Last edited:
Pardon me if I'm wrong, but is that a Rem action and Remage barrel?

Who made the barrel?

It's a Remage built on a Mesa Precision Crux Ti action, I stuck it in my B&C stock until I get my Manners EH1 bedded.

The barrel is from Match Grade Machine, it's a Varmint contour, those guys are awesome BTW.

My other Remage barrel was built by MGM and it shoots ridiculously good, their prices are great too.

It's a Remage built on a Mesa Precision Crux Ti action, I stuck it in my B&C stock until I get my Manners EH1 bedded.

The barrel is from Match Grade Machine, it's a Varmint contour, those guys are awesome BTW.

My other Remage barrel was built by MGM and it shoots ridiculously good, their prices are great too.
I'm finally going to get to shoot my MGM TC Encore barrel in 6.5 PRC this Fri.. 27 in. full bull 1 inch with integral muzzle brake. Excited. Think I'm going to get it spiral fluted to cut 10 oz. of weight. Weighs 11.5 lbs. with scope.

Nates brakes are awesome. I have a 3 port beast on my 6.5 and my father has his 5 port beast on his 300 winmag. That 300 win mag shooting 208s at 3000 fps feels like a unbraked 6.5cm and my 6.5cm with a brake feels like a 223. Both brakes are his self timing brake. Buy with confidence

I will just say DITTO to everything "blackaj" said about MBM products and Nathan.
I just put one on an RPR .260 Rem build I completed last week. Going forward MBM will be my GoTo because of performance, quality, customer service OH yeah and price.

View attachment 131322 View attachment 131323
I wanted a self timing brake but the pic on the website looked like the locking bushing was too big in diameter but yours looks perfect...wonder why??
Screenshot_20190422-090032_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190422-090107_Chrome.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts