MBM Beast Ti brake 300 Norma Mag

That was my point. More effective brakes are louder. I have two of them on rifles and they do work really well.

I wanted a self timing brake but the pic on the website looked like the locking bushing was too big in diameter but yours looks perfect...wonder why??View attachment 131468 View attachment 131469
When I received my brake last week I sent MBM an email on this very subject.

My question to Nathan
I received my order for one of your Beast 3 muzzle brakes.
The brake I received is a different configuration that what is shown on your webpage (The one on your website has retaining nut that is larger and covers the gap when muzzle brake is clocked and tighten into place).

The brake I received is like the Lil Beast configuration.
Was there a reason for the change? Personally I like the configuration of the one pictured on your website that hides the gap and I think the larger locking nut profile adds character to the brake.

Just providing customer feedback is all.

Response from Nathan
Most of the people I talked with about it said they preferred the smooth cap the same size as the brake. So when I did the last run I made them that way. I forgot to update the picture on my website. I personally prefer it the way they are now too.

Another thing to think about is Nathan will time a brake for you off of a thread protector you send in clocked for your gun. You will have to some light sanding to get it perfect. He does that so you can fine tune it. Better then going to far.

He did mine for me. 12.50 a brake is all it cost for him to do it.

Another thing to think about is Nathan will time a brake for you off of a thread protector you send in clocked for your gun. You will have to some light sanding to get it perfect. He does that so you can fine tune it. Better then going to far.

He did mine for me. 12.50 a brake is all it cost for him to do it.
I'll remember that and tell him tomorrow. I paid $95 today for a 5 port Lil Beast. Mine is 9/16 x 24

When I received my brake last week I sent MBM an email on this very subject.

My question to Nathan
I received my order for one of your Beast 3 muzzle brakes.
The brake I received is a different configuration that what is shown on your webpage (The one on your website has retaining nut that is larger and covers the gap when muzzle brake is clocked and tighten into place).

The brake I received is like the Lil Beast configuration.
Was there a reason for the change? Personally I like the configuration of the one pictured on your website that hides the gap and I think the larger locking nut profile adds character to the brake.

Just providing customer feedback is all.

Response from Nathan
Most of the people I talked with about it said they preferred the smooth cap the same size as the brake. So when I did the last run I made them that way. I forgot to update the picture on my website. I personally prefer it the way they are now too.

I like the smoother cap/locking nut...it seems to blend better and looks more streamlined. Personally, I don't think a muzzle brake is meant to be the focal point of a rifle's design and aesthetics, and it shouldn't detract from the rest of the rifle. Having a big, bulky chunk of metal hanging off the end of the barrel does little for looks (just my opinion). In fact, I might now purchase a two piece brake from him now that I know he's made that change. I didn't like the look of the previous ones.

Settled on five port.
You will find it tames the recoil to nothing.
MBM breaks work very well. They are the however very loud.
That was my point. More effective brakes are louder. I have two of them on rifles and they do work really well.
Disagree on the "loudness". Granted, on the line, all things are relative. I have 4 and 5 port versions of his brakes and they're much quieter (IMO) than other brakes I have used.
x10 to what everyone said -- service, price, performance -- Nathan Wright is a rock star.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts