March scopes

Big green, Wedgy, would you think its worth the 600.00+ to go with the 52mm over the 42mm? Is there that much of a difference and what would it be? I assume it would be money much better spent to put it towards the bigger objective lens rather than the lighted reticle, which is 650.00 more for the 42mm and about 320.00 on the 52mm model. Looking forward to your input.

The bigger 52 is a must if you plan on turning up the power to 25x in a low light situation. How many scopes go up to 25x and have a 42mm objective ? Very few and it is for a reason, the more power, the less light you get. The 42 is still a great scope and you love it but the higher power won't be as usable as the 52mm
Basically the 52mm will have the same light as the 42mm does at 20x,
a 2.1mm exit pupil.
I really don't turn it up past 17-20x at most when I shoot, but I do when looking at details.

Thanks for the replies, I'm going to go ahead and get the 52mm, its too much money to take a chance and not be happy with the 42mm and have to do it again. It was pretty much what my gut feeling was telling me but I haven't got to look through one and its a lot of money to spend blindly.Its good to hear from people that have actually used them, it makes the purchase a little easier. Its going on a new custom 28 Nosler, trued vintage 700, 27" X-Caliber 1;8, #6 contour( same as Bartleins 3B) Manners EH1 stock, muzzle brake. The action is from my dads 7mag, he bought it the first year remington came out with it, I had reservations about tearing it down but he wanted me to use it, he said he wanted to keep it hunting, it deserves that much. He said buy building on it he knew it would get hunted and not just sit in the safe. He's 79 and still gets out with me, gotta luv it. So I figured this gun deserves the best I can afford to put on it.

Dave

That's an awesome build idea with family history in it. I see you are in CA also, are you going to shoot copper bullets with it or what bullets do you plan on shooting ?

I'm going to shoot the 195 bergers, that cartridge deserves them. I might see what it will do with some coppers for ca. But was thinking of maybe building a 6.5 Creedmoor especially to shoot some coppers for here. I've got a lot of choices, ll sorry about they when it gets closer, I do more out of state hunting, but I did build a nice 6x204 I'm going to load some coppers in, l'll have no problem with that in ca. Unless I realy want to stretch it out. Also building my dad a 6mm compaction match for the 115 DTAC's so I can should be able to get one of the long cutting edge coppers to shoot out of it, it's got a 1:7 twist. Might have to single load them but that's alright. Are you in ca.?

Yes , running the Cutting edge 100 grain in a 7 twist. 243 Win with Reloder 26 up to 3,400fps , that powder gives amazing results

Where are most of you buying your March scopes from? Are there any deals to be had out there on these?

))--SLIVER-->

I gave up on Opticsplanet after the 3rd time I ordered and paid for an item they show as having in stock only to get an email 5 days later saying that it is back ordered and will be 4-6 weeks. I tend to buy used from here, Ebay, etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.