March scopes

Threejs

Just wondered if anybody has any recent experience with them. Mostly wondering about durability and repeatability. I like my Nightforce Nxs but it's a tank for a good goat/sheep rig. The march seems too good to be true with a 10x power spread and 20oz

Thanks

I have two of them. Never had an issue with reliability or tracking. I recommend them strongly. Brilliant optics as well.

I have three March scopes and I am totally pleased with all three. I also have three Nightforce scopes and like them very well except for the weight. Two of the NF are on F class rifles so weight is not a problem. The March scopes are better than the NF (my opinion and experience) in all categories except probably durability. Once weight is put into the equation nothing comes close to the March.

Thanks for the input. Like most everyone here I'm trying to play the fine line between a rifle that will be easy to shoot and one that doesn't weigh 15 pounds. I like the NF. I love their reticles. But they are heavy

You guys with the March scopes, do you have one about 40mm and one about 50mm? If so, how much longer will the larger lasts in low light than the smaller? How do they compare with other good brands for low light?

I've compared both the 42 and the 52 March and the bigger one was noticeably better but it was a brand new optic while the 42 was much older so hard to tell. I've had the 52 and a NF AtacR enhanced next to each other till pitch dark and the March dominated the NF by better than a half hour on the same powers, but turning them both down to their respected bottom power and the March was easy to use while the reticle was MIA on the NF. Not what I was expecting but it was very clear which optic was better with lighting conditions low and dark targets!!!

The March is about the best hunting scope I've used. It has great glass, low profile turrets, 25 MOA per rev, 120 MOA elevation, light weight, probably the easiest zero stop to set, and a 10x magnification. The 42mm will lose light at 25x, there's no way around that small objective up front at that power. Not a lot of 42mm scopes go to 25x for a reason. I haven't gotten the chance to test it against my ATACR but it beats the NSX glass at 15x, as well as VX-6(3-18x), XRTII(5-25x), and SIII96-24x) but is in a different price bracket than those. I would suspect the 56mm front on the NF would win.
I have not compared it to my VX-6 4-24x52 yet but that will be a fairly even comparison but the VX-6 only has~70 MOA.

edit; I usually don't turn scopes up to 25x when shooting but do use it to see details, mirage etc.

Mine are the 42mm. My one "complaint" would be that the reticle gets a little hard to see after sundown...mine aren't illuminated.

I like mine for most applications. 2 small complaints. First the eye box is a little tight at higher magnification. When your fitted properly it is less of an issue. The other is when temp get cold the magnification ring is hard to turn. Good glass and repeatable. Bruce

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.