March scopes?

sniperboy

Hi to all

I m wanting to buy a march scope for my rifle, can anyone tell me the price on the march tactical 8x80x56, and the tactical 2.5x25x42. Can anyone also tell me their thoughts on the march scopes?

Thanks
sniperboy

I bought a March 10-60x for long range benchrest use two years ago. I like it a lot. It is more clear than a NF, adjusts perfectly every time, and when conditions are good, I can see bullet holes on paper at 500M. I have had no problems with it. BUT - there is a five year warranty and it is valid only to the original owner. I heard of one March that had to go back; the guy said the reticule was not centered. I don't know him. The return postage to Japan is like about $65. I also have two NF scopes, and they are very good. But I don't think the March is worth nearly twice the cost of a NF. Just my 2 cts. Kelby is the only US distributor.

I thought very hard about it and shyed away. thinking it would be ideal to have a nf in that lower weight bracket thinking around 22 oz. you could buy one close to the nf 5.5x22 for around 2,200 but it is non illum. Also the 5 year warranty scared me away also. Then looking at this forum of all the long range shooting at rocks, paper, and game who is using them? If they was the berries this group of guys would have them. My 2 cents worth but not all knocking march scopes.
mike

Hi,

Had a MARCH 2.5-25 Tactical for a year now.

It replaced the Nightforce 5.5-22X on my Sendero.

Over my 30 year hunting career I've owned many scopes
including Nightforce, Leupold,Zeiss,Kahles,Pecar,Weaver,Redfield and
Bushnell, and quite honestley the March beats them all.

As for the 5 year warrenty, surely that is long enough to
put the scope through it's paces and expose a fault.

Try this link High End Tactical Scopes: East vs West

Cheers
Greg

I'm holding out till March atleast matches a Leupold Mk4 -in EVERY respect.
Until then, I'll hold out for a Mk4 with ED glass I guess...
It's not so much the cost(all scopes are outrageous now). If I thought the March would be better for my hunting, I'd have em.

Hi,

Had a MARCH 2.5-25 Tactical for a year now.

It replaced the Nightforce 5.5-22X on my Sendero.

Over my 30 year hunting career I've owned many scopes
including Nightforce, Leupold,Zeiss,Kahles,Pecar,Weaver,Redfield and
Bushnell, and quite honestley the March beats them all.

As for the 5 year warrenty, surely that is long enough to
put the scope through it's paces and expose a fault.

Try this link High End Tactical Scopes: East vs West

Cheers
Greg
in what way does it beat them. i was real close of buying one but mentioned in previous post of why i didnt.
mike

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.