Magnetic Tires

Muddyboots

So I prob get a nail, screw, metal in one of my vehicle tires about every year. The crap on roads is ridiculous! Wife's Grand Cherokee TPS goes off with low warning as pulling out of driveway. WTHello!

Beautiful screw in main tread! <14,000 miles on tire so basically fairly new. 🤬

Still struggling with sciatica so called in AAA. Pretty screw isn't it?
563EB46D-4834-401C-81D6-695C89072547.jpeg

New Jeep so dealership will fix no prob. Going to swap spare to drive since I hate driving on plugged tires but lately I have usually 1-2 tires on vehicles plugged🤬

Look in the bright side. You'll be fishin Monday!
Maybe...my Ram front axle u joint just started tightening up on turns so its gotta go in. Still going Monday IF weather cooperates which is 50:50 right now. But lucky! My 2009 Ram has factory lifetime powertrain warranty which covers this! Truck has 194K and it was covered once before at about 100K. Just funky turn of events.

Oh yeah, maple tree front yard got maple wilt so have to take down. Just stupid chicken 💩 stuff that really is no big deal but PITA!

I can fix and deal with this in comparison to bad stuff going on today. Just a different "honeydoodoo" list!

Ok now I am really teed off! Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland has so called full size spare but it is 18" while Jeep is 20"! This is 🐂💩!! Talked to dealer and told me to look to see since I wanted to swap tires. You pay big bucks for decent vehicle and they penny pinch you on tire size? This is a so called trail ready off road vehicle? WTHELLO is that thought concept! This will be interesting discussion with Jeep.

Ok now I am really teed off! Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland has so called full size spare but it is 18" while Jeep is 20"! This is 🐂💩!! Talked to dealer and told me to look to see since I wanted to swap tires. You pay big bucks for decent vehicle and they penny pinch you on tire size? This is a so called trail ready off road vehicle? WTHELLO is that thought concept! This will be interesting discussion with Jeep.
Tell us how you really feel! 😉

So I prob get a nail, screw, metal in one of my vehicle tires about every year. The crap on roads is ridiculous! Wife's Grand Cherokee TPS goes off with low warning as pulling out of driveway. WTHello!

Beautiful screw in main tread! <14,000 miles on tire so basically fairly new. 🤬

Still struggling with sciatica so called in AAA. Pretty screw isn't it?
View attachment 367061
Looks like a decking screw. Look for new or repaired in your area and kindly replace screwing their tire.

I'd be thrilled if I could get down to 1 nail or screw in my tires every 12-18 months. I get 3-5 a year in my vehicle and the wife gets 1-2 in hers. Between the construction boom here (nails/screws/bolts) and the road debris from dumbxxxes that can't understand securing a load I have only worn out 1 set of tires on ANY vehicle in the last 10 years. The rest have all been destroyed with plenty of tread left. The super high temps also don't help, 100+ air temp and 140+ road temp and 80 mph softens any tire up a lot.

On the spare tire situation, my FIL ordered a Challenger a year or so back, it came with a can of fix-a-flat and a pair of the cheesiest gloves you have ever seen, he was not impressed. So, he bought a spare and a jack kit etc, with it in the trunk the trunk is full. It has no provision to carry a spare anywhere but the trunk or interior of the car. The dealer told him that when only a single digit portion of the population CAN change a tire and most of those WON'T change a tire anyway the makers took the opportunity to save a bunch of money by not including a spare, but the price of the car never went down LOL. Interesting times (new way of saying WTHELLO is going on in this world)..........