Trucks n Tires

Last spring I had Wangler Duratrac put on my 2011 3/4 Dodge diesel.

I do live out in the county so I live off dirt road and we do get lot of snow,ice so between hunting ,fishing and where I live also driving to town. I'm more than happy with Duratrac tires.

I had 285 duratracks on my truck when I bought it, they did ok, but went back down to a 265 tire for MPG. Went with the Cooper Discoverer ATP, picked up almost 2 mpg and they do good. I live in the country off a old dirt road that gets sloppy with moisture, havent had much snow this year out west, but the little weve got they performed well in. Do good owing too, before the duratracks ran some Yokohama Geolanders, that had to be one of the worst tires Ive had, wore was horrible, and they loaded up bad when in the mud.

IMG_1178_zps74e9502e.jpg

IMG_1180_zpsc43adf21.jpg

X2 on the ST MAXX. Great tire. Have them on my 2500 Duramax they are a little noisy at 40mph but not a peep over that. They pull really well in mud and sand.

General AT2's on my Explorer. Now have about 60,000 on them and still have 1/4" of tread. I've been making 2-3 trips west every year to hunt and they have been great. Even in the South Dakota gumbo while prairie dog shooting.

I got the 385/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T installed and have put a couple hundred miles on them. They are surprisingly quiet on the highway which surprised me. They claim they are quiet for an MT and thats actually true which I like. They look great and add a much tougher look to my pickup. Its hard to see in the pics but the aggressive tread and knoby sidewalls make a big difference. They are also about an inch wider and an inch taller which helps fill the GMC fender wells. (anyone with this body style has probably felt my pain wth th design of the fenderwells vs. actual room for tires to clear on a turn. I did a little fender trimming on th inside inder the liner then heated the liner wth a heat gun and changed the shape of the liner to fit my cuts I actually gained about 3 inches so I could have gone bigger. I havent had them off road yet but they pick up about everything I drive over. My one complaint is th tires are not true to size the were supposed to be a half inch wider and a half inch taller all in all I am pleased.

I'm pretty much a Cooper or Cooper guy, for obvious reasons. On my 2011 PSD I was extremely happy with my 35x12.50 Cooper STT's. Great traction but they were a little loud on the highway. I'm good with that as my vehicles don't leave the driveway without the the stereo on.

Trusty Steed.jpg

When I bought a 2015 PSD in October last year, it came with 35" BFGs.... I can't stand these rock throwing bastards.... nothing like tearing the paint of a $65k truck... thank you BFG! On the positive side, my Coopers are sitting in my shop I could just swap them over....

t

I got the 385/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T installed and have put a couple hundred miles on them. They are surprisingly quiet on the highway which surprised me. They claim they are quiet for an MT and thats actually true which I like. They look great and add a much tougher look to my pickup. Its hard to see in the pics but the aggressive tread and knoby sidewalls make a big difference. They are also about an inch wider and an inch taller which helps fill the GMC fender wells. (anyone with this body style has probably felt my pain wth th design of the fenderwells vs. actual room for tires to clear on a turn. I did a little fender trimming on th inside inder the liner then heated the liner wth a heat gun and changed the shape of the liner to fit my cuts I actually gained about 3 inches so I could have gone bigger. I havent had them off road yet but they pick up about everything I drive over. My one complaint is th tires are not true to size the were supposed to be a half inch wider and a half inch taller all in all I am pleased.

Mike, I got same tires on my 3500 dodge. They are nice. Wear a little fast but like being off-road.
I hope u like them

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.