M700 barrel shank size?

We cannot make proper advice/recommendation(s) other than what has been provided, if you cannot provide us with the right information; as you can see with some of the responses. We have lots of members here with tons of experiences that are always willing and able to help but it is hard to guess what you truly want or need.

Your rifle (barrel) must work in harmony with your suppressor to get the best result. Consult with your reputable gunsmith, barrel source, and suppressor source for your project; I did exactly all of these along with custom reamer and reloading dies maker before starting my parts acquisition for my upcoming project. Sorry but I don't think I can make it any simpler than that. lightbulb

Good luck!

I was trying to figure out how many inches of barrel I'd have to reach .600" diameter on the contour I linked. That contour actually was the wrong one but the correct one will not get me there either. I was simply screwing up the math and was wanting some help with it, that's all. I've got the equation figured out to where my figures match Edd's. I'm not at the point where I need to start contacting anybody yet.

Are you trying to fit a stock that has already been inletted? Why are you looking at those goofy Remington contours?

Are you trying to fit a stock that has already been inletted? Why are you looking at those goofy Remington contours?

No, haven't even ordered a stock yet. Pre planning phases only at this point, I've been out of work since November because I shattered my leg, and living off of disability. Should be headed back to work mid June to first of July if everything goes as planned. Kind of planning a little celebration gift for myself to start on as the better money starts rolling in.

The first is supposed to be the same profile as the Remington mountain rifle barrel when cut to 22" and the other is supposed to be .550 at the muzzle with a finished length of 24", just a slightly heavier mountain rifle contour. I was just hoping to find something that would taper quickly to .600" at 20" total length without ordering a custom contoured barrel. I may just have to scrap my plan and go with a standard Remington contour since I at least own the action, and have it thicker than I wanted when cut back to 20".

A Krieger new style #1 contour is .604" diameter at 20 ". Threaded for a Remington action the straight part of the shank will be about 1.375" long.

Krieger won't make a barrel that small from stainless steel. What cartridge are you going to use?

A Krieger new style #1 contour is .604" diameter at 20 ". Threaded for a Remington action the straight part of the shank will be about 1.375" long.

Krieger won't make a barrel that small from stainless steel. What cartridge are you going to use?

Just a 1:7 .223 for pest control, and calling coyotes.

Just a 1:7 .223 for pest control, and calling coyotes.

They will make a stainless steel barrel for a 223 in a #3 contour. It would be .675 at 20". That would be a good fit for a 9/16" muzzle thread.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.