luppy, SS or 4200

radnur22

i am in the process of placing an order with kirby for a 338 edge. i have a luppy vari-x III 6.5-20x40mm with a duplex reticle. from what i gather, there are a couple choices for optics: mil-dot or adjustable target turrets. since my luppy has neither, i am in the market for a scope. since this will be a longrange/htir rifle, i am trending towards the 20-25 fixed power scope. my options are leupold 25x50 FX-III ($600 semi target turret), super sniper 20x42 ($300 target turrets and mil-dot) or bushnell 4200 6-24x50 ($570 target turrets and mil-dot). comments? suggestions???

If you want a new scope anyway, there's nothing wrong with that. But if you like your current scope (and/or are short on money), you can have Luppy put an M1 turrets on the 6.5-20 for less money than buying another of equal quality. New scopes are fun but you should know you don't actually need one to get started with your new rifle.

Rad,
I'm with Jon A on this. See what the Leupold Custom shop has to offer before buying another tube, unless you just gotta have a new one. Been there also......JohnnyK.

the scope was a gift, so i'd rather keep it. i went to the leupold web page, but their custom shop only offered upgrades to their new line of scopes. i'll email them and call them today.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.