Burris vs 4200 or ?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by otis348, Oct 29, 2004.

1. otis348

otis348 Member

I am looking for a new scope. I wanted a 4200 Elite, but now I am looking at the Fullfield II. Any suggestions on either or any other scope camparable or better in the same price range? Burris looked real good when I looked thru one the other day.

2. Jon Jackoviak

Jon Jackoviak Well-Known Member

There are a lot of good quality scopes out there, with Burris & Bushnell being a couple. But I personally like the Nikon Monarch. To me is just seems brighter and clear than many others out there and at a very reasonable price.

3. sakofan

sakofan Well-Known Member

I concur with Jon. I like the Monarch and even the Buckmaster line of scopes...sakofan

4. Mysticplayer

Mysticplayer Writers Guild

Best thing you can do is look through all three brands then decide. I find the Burris and Bushnell have a 'wider field of view' then the Nikon. The view in the scope just seems wider.

They are all great scopes.

Jerry

5. MU Ag Rho

MU Ag Rho Well-Known Member

I don't feel that the Fulfield II is the right scope to compare to the 4200. The Signature series would be a better one if talking apples to apples. I have a Fulfield II in a 4.5-14 Ballistic Plex, works great on my 260 Rem Mountain Rifle, but it is not half a clear as my Signatures are.

6. Reloader

Reloader Well-Known Member

Another vote for the Nikon Monarch as the best but, they are all good scopes.

Jerry, the only thing I don't like about the Burris scopes is their power settings semm false when compared to others. For instance if you take 3-4 high dollar scopes and set them all at the same power the Burris scopes seem to not magnify near what the others do, they seem like they are a couple of powers down. That may be why they seem to have a greater field of view.

Good Luck!

Reloader

7. Iron Worker

Iron Worker Well-Known Member

I have both 6x24 4200 B&L and a Burris 4x16 signiture.They both are equal I think.I've made great shots with both of them mounted on the same rifle. [​IMG]