Elite 4200 vs Nikon Monarch

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Guest, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I just ourchased a new Elite 4200 in 6x24 and I may beed another scope soon, how would the Nikon Monarch 6x20x44 rank against the Elite.

Chet

2. Nate Haler

Nate Haler Well-Known Member

The Nikon is at least as clear (IMO, in my opinion), and provides nearly twice the internal elevation (39 MOA in Nikon, a crappy 20 MOA in Bushnell).

Nikon is shorter, the Bushnell is a long sucker.

Nikon furnishes two sets of target knobs, and a sunshade, and elastic corded lens covers.

Nikon dealer cost (matte finish, plex or crosshair reticle) is $371.00

Bushnell dealer cost (matte finish, plex) is $345.00

Get the Nikon, then you can tell the rest of which is really the better performer/bargain, because you'll have both! [​IMG]

3. johnny k.

johnny k. Well-Known Member

Chetc,
    I own the Nikon Monarch UCC in 6.5x20x44 with fine crosshairs and it's a very nice scope. It came with all the things listed in the above thread. I really like the two sets of adjustment knobs and sunshade. One set of knobs has screw-on caps/covers and the other set doesn't take any caps. They're easy to read and adjust from any shooting position that I use. The tracking is as good as any other scope I've ever used and I own/have owned dozens of Leupolds. As a matter of fact, I traded a Leuy 4.5x14x40 with heavy duplex for the Nikon that I now own. I don't own one but I like the Bushnells, but don't think I'd trade my Nikon for one. Johnny K.

4. sakofan

sakofan Well-Known Member

Agree with Nate and johnny k, Nikon is the pick. And theres nothing wrong with the Elite either...sakofan..

5. Jon Jackoviak

Jon Jackoviak Well-Known Member

I would go with the Nikon. I think that it is clearer and brighter than the Bushnell, plus you get the sunshade and the extra target knobs.

6. Mysticplayer

Mysticplayer Writers Guild

I am in the process of selling my Nikon Monarch (never mounted). It has excellent optics and I am sure that mechanically it is great. It has more adjustment then the Bushnell.

Big problem. It doesn't fit. The scope body is short and I don't like ring extensions. So am selling this scope to get an Elite. Optically, they are equal and that means superb.

Jerry

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Jerry , what sort of Bushnell are you looking for ? I've got two laying in the safe that have no home due to their size ?

May be able to work out a trade