Looking for a floating dot riflescope reticle.

I'm looking hard at the Tract optics line, I consider the Hawke low budget at $700 but it's the finest dot reticle out there inmo for varmints, plus illuminated ,I may just buy the 6x30 power for the 204 it's around 1100$ I've looked through Arkens before and I thought they looked great, but the weight of their scopes is outrageous. The Vector reticle is also very nice but the low price point scares me away.
They make a lighter version now

I don't want to spend more than I have in the rifle , only because the end results are negligible, a coyote, groundhog, fox, or prairie dogs are big targets, maybe 1200$ tops, I can probably get a discount from most companies due to first responder status. THX Now for guys who shoot targets at 1000 yards the big$ scopes are probably needed. 400 yards would be at my limits, 150 to 350 a good average.
Prairie dogs at 800+ sure start looking pretty small. 😉

Are you looking to purchase one? I have a like new Sightron S-TAC FFP 4-20x50 Zero Stop - MOA-3 (illuminated) in mint condition that I am willing to sell. It has the floating dot as you describe.
This is a very good scope for the price. Have it on my long range 6 creedmoor coyote getter. Has the floating dot which I prefer.

Prairie dogs at 800+ sure start looking pretty small. 😉
This reminds me of an old thread/video by LRH member Triggerman. He has not been here for a while but is an excellent gunsmith (Joe Starnes from Conrad, MT ) and LRH/S. He was sighting in at 1000Y a .338 LM with 300 Berger and could not resist shooting at the gopher instead. Jeff (BROZ) was the spotter and called the play-by-play and, of course, the hit.

Here's another vote for the Sightron SIII 6-24x50. It has a very fine floating dot reticle, plus both windage & elevation always seem to track flawlessly. Some of the best Japanese glass around. I have two rifles with SIII's on them right now - including my 22 Creedmoor. I have a NIB that Iwill be posting for sale on here next weekend.

Here's another vote for the Sightron SIII 6-24x50. It has a very fine floating dot reticle, plus both windage & elevation always seem to track flawlessly. Some of the best Japanese glass around. I have two rifles with SIII's on them right now - including my 22 Creedmoor. I have a NIB that Iwill be posting for sale on here next weekend.
Any illumination options?

I don't believe so. I have several Nightforce scopes with illumination on a couple of my big boomers, but I just don't find much of a use for that option. Most of my mid to high end scopes seem to have great glass that extends my viewing ability well beyond legal light.

I have three Tract scopes, one pictured left and two hunting scopes, I think they are hard to beat for the cost, especially their glass. If I wanted a little more power in a lighter package, I would look at the Vortex Razor LHT in 4.5-22. The new Tract 4-25 ELR should be a phenomenal scope but it's a little heavy at 39oz, 34mm tube etc. But for $1500. retail it's pretty nice.

This reminds me of an old thread/video by LRH member Triggerman. He has not been here for a while but is an excellent gunsmith (Joe Starnes from Conrad, MT ) and LRH/S. He was sighting in at 1000Y a .338 LM with 300 Berger and could not resist shooting at the gopher instead. Jeff (BROZ) was the spotter and called the play-by-play and, of course, the hit.
I have a squirrel @ 1201.
Was about to verify my .300RUM w. 230 Hyb @ 3113fps at 1160. A squirrel popped up on an angled rock behind the target. I re-ranged, amd sent one with a spotter watching. I actually think I hit just below the squirrel, maybe an inch. But the shrapnel blew him about 6' in the air and he did not get up.

The sightron S111, has my attention .