Looking for a floating dot riflescope reticle.

ohlongarmisle

One that doesn't cover too much of the intended target out to 400 yards, varmints, crosshairs can converge on dot but not touch or be attached to. Hawke makes one but I have it already best varmint reticle i;ve ever seen.

I have 2 of these, love them.

Screenshot_20230622_171515_Chrome.jpg

Are you the same poster as this?

If so, are you looking for something different than you have? More magnification or what?

Are you the same poster as this?

If so, are you looking for something different than you have? More magnification or what?
Something for my 204, i'm good with the 17 hornet, just a little upgrade, more magnification is good for me as I like getting up close and personable.

Something for my 204, i'm good with the 17 hornet, just a little upgrade, more magnification is good for me as I like getting up close and personable.

Are you looking to purchase one? I have a like new Sightron S-TAC FFP 4-20x50 Zero Stop - MOA-3 (illuminated) in mint condition that I am willing to sell. It has the floating dot as you describe.

Are you looking to purchase one? I have a like new Sightron S-TAC FFP 4-20x50 Zero Stop - MOA-3 (illuminated) in mint condition that I am willing to sell. It has the floating dot as you describe.
I'm going to research all the aforementioned suggestions, and may consider your option. THX

One that doesn't cover too much of the intended target out to 400 yards, varmints, crosshairs can converge on dot but not touch or be attached to. Hawke makes one but I have it already best varmint reticle i;ve ever seen.
You might want to establish a realistic budget. There is no sense in recommending when outside your budget. The more pertinent information you can provide, the better the yield.

You might want to establish a realistic budget. There is no sense in recommending when outside your budget. The more pertinent information you can provide, the better the yield.
I don't want to spend more than I have in the rifle , only because the end results are negligible, a coyote, groundhog, fox, or prairie dogs are big targets, maybe 1200$ tops, I can probably get a discount from most companies due to first responder status. THX Now for guys who shoot targets at 1000 yards the big$ scopes are probably needed. 400 yards would be at my limits, 150 to 350 a good average.

If you're looking low buget then arken makes one. I think there are a few for sale on this site.

Attachments

• IMG_5669.png
    IMG_5669.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 52
If you're looking low buget then arken makes one. I think there are a few for sale on this site.
I'm looking hard at the Tract optics line, I consider the Hawke low budget at $700 but it's the finest dot reticle out there inmo for varmints, plus illuminated ,I may just buy the 6x30 power for the 204 it's around 1100$ I've looked through Arkens before and I thought they looked great, but the weight of their scopes is outrageous. The Vector reticle is also very nice but the low price point scares me away.