Look at this old stove I found

Wood stoves were furniture back in the day. I remember seeing one similar in house of old Adirondack couple that I helped as kid. Every time I went to their house to help him caretaker summer cottage, I "had" to have breakfast with them. 4 eggs, thick bacon, home made bread sliced and buttered thick. The lard can was on the stove and was used to cook everything. I still can smell the smoky aroma in house. Good thing I was 14 or arteries would have plugged up! They had parlor type stove and green enamel kitchen stove. I brought wood in all the time. Real people. Different times from different generation. Wow, miss that time.

Oh yeah, he was in late 70's and had shot of whiskey in coffee every morning to "fix his cough"! His wife of 50+ years would pour, yell at him, he would hold her hand down to get extra and all heck breaks loose. Every single time I was there. Still brings a smile and tear.

Wood stoves like this are "wish they could talk" memories.

Wood stoves were furniture back in the day. I remember seeing one similar in house of old Adirondack couple that I helped as kid. Every time I went to their house to help him caretaker summer cottage, I "had" to have breakfast with them. 4 eggs, thick bacon, home made bread sliced and buttered thick. The lard can was on the stove and was used to cook everything. I still can smell the smoky aroma in house. Good thing I was 14 or arteries would have plugged up! They had parlor type stove and green enamel kitchen stove. I brought wood in all the time. Real people. Different times from different generation. Wow, miss that time.

Oh yeah, he was in late 70's and had shot of whiskey in coffee every morning to "fix his cough"! His wife of 50+ years would pour, yell at him, he would hold her hand down to get extra and all heck breaks loose. Every single time I was there. Still brings a smile and tear.

Wood stoves like this are "wish they could talk" memories.
Man, you talking about that brought back a lot of memories.
My first wife's grandparents had traveled to the Indian territory (Oklahoma) by wagon from central Arkansas with a fiest dog. The settled in a place called Etta Bend.
Both dipped Garrett snuff and every place to sit had spit can on the floor, always clean.
The food was all cooked on a wood stove and with lard. Every breakfast we had the same thing, eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy . Every dinner was beans with ham, corn cut off the Cobb and cooked in lard, and pie.
The food was amazing. The house was always SO hot because of the stoves. When you would get done eating dinner you went out on the front enclosed porch and talked.
Things were so peaceful, quiet and simple there. I loved staying with them and hearing all the stories.
I really miss my time with that generation, I really feel sorry for generations after mine for them not getting to experience life that wasn't over run with technology . I miss the simple life

Man, you talking about that brought back a lot of memories.
My first wife's grandparents had traveled to the Indian territory (Oklahoma) by wagon from central Arkansas with a fiest dog. The settled in a place called Etta Bend.
Both dipped Garrett snuff and every place to sit had spit can on the floor, always clean.
The food was all cooked on a wood stove and with lard. Every breakfast we had the same thing, eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy . Every dinner was beans with ham, corn cut off the Cobb and cooked in lard, and pie.
The food was amazing. The house was always SO hot because of the stoves. When you would get done eating dinner you went out on the front enclosed porch and talked.
Things were so peaceful, quiet and simple there. I loved staying with them and hearing all the stories.
I really miss my time with that generation, I really feel sorry for generations after mine for them not getting to experience life that wasn't over run with technology . I miss the simple life
The smell of breakfast on the wood stove was my alarm clock. lol