This is getting old.....

338weatherby

It's -40 again this morning. We've been at least -20 for going on 10 days. Highs have been -5 to -10 during the day. Can't tinker outside, try out loads, too cold to take the sled out, and just plain getting stir crazy on the weekends. Been cleaning/organizing gun room and garage at least. I guess the upsides are, saving on supplies and having time for the treasure hunt!

Move to South Texas, it was 75 earlier in the week. We get our winter condensed into about 2 weeks, it will possibly be in the 20's Monday around here and it will pretty much shut things down. It will not last, by Saturday it will be 70 again.

Move to South Texas, it was 75 earlier in the week. We get our winter condensed into about 2 weeks, it will possibly be in the 20's Monday around here and it will pretty much shut things down. It will not last, by Saturday it will be 70 again.
Supposed to be a low of 7 in Conroe on Monday and a 70% chance of snow....

It's -40 again this morning. We've been at least -20 for going on 10 days. Highs have been -5 to -10 during the day. Can't tinker outside, try out loads, too cold to take the sled out, and just plain getting stir crazy on the weekends. Been cleaning/organizing gun room and garage at least. I guess the upsides are, saving on supplies and having time for the treasure hunt!

I see you live in northern MN. Here is a photo that I took on one of three 40 degrees below mornings in MN back in 2005.

DSC_0123PS.jpg

There had been an "irruption" of great grey owls back then bring the birds further south to find food.

My friend Jack and I traveled there to hunt them with cameras. We used mice as bait.

Here is the story.

We left No.ILL.a week ago.came to visit my son in El Paso TX.Drove for 4 hrs.to see green again.Had 2' sno in front yard.got tired of moving snow twice a day.Good Luck...
Bill

I see you live in northern MN. Here is a photo that I took on one of three 40 degrees below mornings in MN back in 2005.

View attachment 251231

There had been an "irruption" of great grey owls back then bring the birds further south to find food.

My friend Jack and I traveled there to hunt them with cameras. We used mice as bait.

Here is the story.

yep! That was the January (2005) I moved into our house that we finished. I must have took 4-5 different pics of the Gray Owls. They were everywhere. Used to watch them while working on the house. Very big! If I remember correctly there were a few ankle biting dogs that were taken that winter too!

yep! That was the January (2005) I moved into our house that we finished. I must have took 4-5 different pics of the Gray Owls. They were everywhere. Used to watch them while working on the house. Very big! If I remember correctly there were a few ankle biting dogs that were taken that winter too!

And there is a 2021 irruption of owls GG oing on right now in MN.

The Sax-Zim bog mentioned below is where we got our photos in 2005.

Screenshot_20210213-125226_Chrome.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.