Long Range reference material

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by wadevb1, Jun 13, 2008.

1. wadevb1

wadevb1 Well-Known Member

I have all the equipment lined up to start the LR experience. I'm looking for guidence in books and videos to get the basics down. I have a NF and their Exbal program and would like to gain knowledge in come ups and ballistics. Does Shawn Carlocks video cover come up's in detail? I will be limiting my shots to 500 yards for ethical reasons but hope to take a LR class after I become proficient with the basics.

Thanks in advance,

Wade

2. TAP

TAP Well-Known Member

Shawn's video covers all aspects of long range hunting, some areas in more detail than others. I would certianly recommend picking up a copy. There are tidbits of info through out the video and the info is presented clearly and concisely. JMO.

3. BHP9

BHP9 Well-Known Member

You might want some material on wind doping too.

Publications

4. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

In addition to this forum, one of the best places to learn the small things is at competition matches. Places like F-class, egg shoots, g-hog comps have a lot of people who will have a lot of different equipment and use a lot of different techniques. One of the peculiar things about the types I go to is that they are more of a social activity than a competition.

It is also a good measuring stick. There are no excuses, no whining and no fudgeing. Your score is what it is and it is all your fault.:D