Long Range reference material

wadevb1

I have all the equipment lined up to start the LR experience. I'm looking for guidence in books and videos to get the basics down. I have a NF and their Exbal program and would like to gain knowledge in come ups and ballistics. Does Shawn Carlocks video cover come up's in detail? I will be limiting my shots to 500 yards for ethical reasons but hope to take a LR class after I become proficient with the basics.

Thanks in advance,

Wade

Shawn's video covers all aspects of long range hunting, some areas in more detail than others. I would certianly recommend picking up a copy. There are tidbits of info through out the video and the info is presented clearly and concisely. JMO.

In addition to this forum, one of the best places to learn the small things is at competition matches. Places like F-class, egg shoots, g-hog comps have a lot of people who will have a lot of different equipment and use a lot of different techniques. One of the peculiar things about the types I go to is that they are more of a social activity than a competition.

It is also a good measuring stick. There are no excuses, no whining and no fudgeing. Your score is what it is and it is all your fault.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.