Long bullets

Got it. It is 1.845" long and weighs in at 247g. It is designed for a 9" twist at sea level. This bullet is designed to be easy to shoot. Pretty good bearing surface and not too aggressive in the ogive.

So you 8mm guys need to know that you all convinced Brian that he needs an 8mm. So he is planning to build one on the 338 lap imp. So he sat down and started designing this bullet for his project.

See we love the 8mm.:)

Steve

I forgot to ask, what is the other BC for the .264? JBM doesn't seem to use what you are using.

We made the decision to use only the G7 BC. It is not subject to velocity like the G1. It will match drops at what ever distance and starting vel you have much better than G1.

So when you go on JBM it gives you the ability to choose what drag model you are using. When you enter the bc number there is a little drop down box there.

If it helps this bullet matched drops out of my sons 6.5-06 fairly well with .52 G1. When we went to the G7 drag model the impacts out 1000 matched better.

Steve

do you guys have any plans for a long 22 caliber bullet? something that could be put to use in a fast twist 22-284 or something to that effect?

do you guys have any plans for a long 22 caliber bullet? something that could be put to use in a fast twist 22-284 or something to that effect?

Brian started work on a 22 cal a couple of days ago. I think he was working on a standard factory twist. What is your twist? Long for cal bullets are cool.

Steve

I'm in the process of getting a new barrel for my .270 gonna be a .270ai would be a fast twist to shoot the new Bergers, would be interested in these as well

I'm in the process of getting a new barrel for my .270 gonna be a .270ai would be a fast twist to shoot the new Bergers, would be interested in these as well

You probably saw our 156g bullet designed for 8" twist then. Want you to know we had made some bullets for Kirby last fall as a prototype that was about 175g designed for a 7" twist. We all got busy and it has been back burnered. But it will come back.

Steve

You probably saw our 156g bullet designed for 8" twist then. Want you to know we had made some bullets for Kirby last fall as a prototype that was about 175g designed for a 7" twist. We all got busy and it has been back burnered. But it will come back.

Steve

Yes I saw those. Very interested. How soon would those 175's be available?? Maybe I'll get it in 1-7 then

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts