Long bullets

RockyMtnMT

Official LRH Sponsor
Guys are asking for long high bc bullets. We have spent our time developing bullets that will work for the standard twist factory offerings. I know that we are all part of a long range community and we all have an interest in shooting far. Our bullet line at this time has bullets that I would call good on the bc for what they are designed for. We have been doing some work on long high bc bullets that can not be shot from factory twist rifles. We really figured that we would work on these as time went on and after we got our standard line moving. Thinking that long bullets would really be a specialty market of not many customers.

So my question to everyone is how many of you have fast for caliber twist rifles?

.375-10" or faster
.308-8" or faster
.284-8" or faster
.264-7" or faster
.257-7" or faster
.243-6" or faster

Please chime in guys, if you are out there we will put in the effort.

Steve

Guys are asking for long high bc bullets. We have spent our time developing bullets that will work for the standard twist factory offerings. I know that we are all part of a long range community and we all have an interest in shooting far. Our bullet line at this time has bullets that I would call good on the bc for what they are designed for. We have been doing some work on long high bc bullets that can not be shot from factory twist rifles. We really figured that we would work on these as time went on and after we got our standard line moving. Thinking that long bullets would really be a specialty market of not many customers.

So my question to everyone is how many of you have fast for caliber twist rifles?

.375-10" or faster
.308-8" or faster
.284-8" or faster
.264-7" or faster
.257-7" or faster
.243-6" or faster

Please chime in guys, if you are out there we will put in the effort.

Steve

Steve,

At this time, the fastest twist I have are 1:8" in .277 and 1:9" in .308 but will adjust accordingly as bullet makers presents alternatives for my intended purpose.

Cheers!

Ed

I currently have (and will have)
416 cal need to get a 12 tw for my 416 Destroyer
375 cal 12,10, 8 and a 7 tw for my 375 Warlord
338 cal 10, 9.5, 9.3 and getting 8 tw for the 338 Jaguar & 338 Sniper
323 cal 10 & 9 tw, getting an 8.5 tw for the 8mm Vampyre
308 cal 10, 9 & an 8 tw for my 300 Werewolf
284 cal 8 and a 7 tw for my 7mm Slayer
264 cal 8.5 & 8 tw and getting a 7 tw for new wildcat, 6.5 Romulus (1st King of Rome)
243 cal 8 tw so far but open to faster if need be

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 54
Just to keep the thread going I have a 1-10" .375. It's however set up for close quarters, and I would not likely look at a long range bullet.

Have those been tested for expansion?

Those two bullets have not even been shot. (The two long ones) I cut them for the 1st time this morning. Their smaller cousins have been tested down to 1800fps and worked well. So far our only trouble with expansion has been with low sectional density bullets at low vel. We had to do some re-designing to remedy that. Slowed us down a bit with the launch of our line. I feel pretty good about them as long as they have plenty of twist. High vel I have no reservations. Low vel is the trick. I think this is why most bullet manufactures are a bit vague about low vel impacts.

Steve

I am building a 1:9 338 edge, can I order a few of the 307's (25 maybe)?

We will be selling them by the box of 50. I will be getting the last of the data into the web site tomorrow. So we should have the web site up on Wed.

What elevation are you at? I will check the stability factor for you. They are designed to work in an 8" twist at sea level.

Steve

I'm at 1200 feet.

At 1200' your stability factor would be 1.34. This is marginal and you would lose about 5% of your bc. The twist calculator says that you would need a min twist of 8.5" for your elevation. Your 9" would probably still shoot very accurately. If you were up at 3500' elevation or higher the 9" twist would work well. This bullet is 2.163" long.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.