Long bullets

I have an estimated G7-BC of .404. We should be going out to shoot it on Wed I hope. This should be a conservative estimate.

Steve

Oops. I confused my bullets. We will be shooting the new .308 227g bullet this week. We do not at this time have a fast enough barrel to run the .338 307g properly. The test on the 30 will give a better idea of the estimate on the 338. They are of very similar form.

Steve

Rocky,

What is the price on the 260 grn 338? Also the BC, I have a 1:10 twist 338 RUM. Thanks

They are $93/box of 50. We shot drops on that bullet out to 1000 and got at G7-BC of .325. That was the first Hammer Bullet in our line to kill an animal. I shot a wolf with it last fall at 265y and then Brian shot a moose with it about 20 min later at 80y. This is just a very nice easy to run bullet.

Steve

The web site went live today.:D:D:D So here we go. We have copper on the ground and we are ready to cut for you guys.

Steve

I have several 1-8 6mm, .264 ,.277. I looked at your Web site, where's the 8mm love at? Can I order some 8mm special?

Thx for the link, but I don't see them for sale? I may have over looked it i just skimmed.
They may still be working on that one and don't have it up yet? Just guessing.
I'm hoping for an 8mm in the 220-230 gr range, splitting the difference between the common 200 gr and the super heavy 250+ gr.
If I find the right bullet, I'd buy the barrel with a twist to stabilize it.
Probably my next project, (another) 8mm, maybe with a faster twist rate than the usual 1:10".
[EDIT: Cutting Edge does list a 225 gr as well as a 256 gr. I'm just looking for more options :) ]

They may still be working on that one and don't have it up yet? Just guessing.
I'm hoping for an 8mm in the 220-230 gr range, splitting the difference between the common 200 gr and the super heavy 250+ gr.
If I find the right bullet, I'd buy the barrel with a twist to stabilize it.
Probably my next project, (another) 8mm, maybe with a faster twist rate than the usual 1:10".

Ok guys I am headed out to the shot right now to cut one. We have one designed for 9" twist at sea level. I'll be right back with exact specs.

Steve

Ya, let me know. I'll order my barrel based on this bullet. I have had an 8mm wildcat on the back burner for to long. I'll even do testing if you need it done

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.