Long bullets

I'll give it an estimated G7 bc of .317. Hopefully we will be getting these shot in the near future. We were a little worried about this more aggressive ogive being a bit finicky, but after the range session yesterday with the 228g .308, we are feeling really good about this profile. The 228g ran sub .5 moa group at 200 yards with no seating adjustment. Just ran them up to velocity with the Magnetospeed, then removed it and shot for group. Total shots in load development of 15. If weather is ok this week we intend to get out to the 1000 yard range with it. This will help in the estimated bc of the .277 as it is the same profile.

Steve

Could you give me a few more specs on your 338 bullets? If you have the same measurement for the 300 SMK and 300 Berger that would be helpful for a comparison.

I am very interested in your 260 grain and 307 grain 338 bullet, but I am most interested in the measurement for the 260, I want to find a higher bc, lower weight/faster bullet that I can load to fit in a magazine for hunting. I do not know all the technical terms for bullets, so I have included a diagram that I found, they have it listed as ogive lenght (NL). Essentially, the measurement from the tip of the bullet to the point that the bullet reaches the caliber diameter.

Thanks

Attachments

• figure1.gif
    figure1.gif
    7.7 KB · Views: 52
Could you give me a few more specs on your 338 bullets? If you have the same measurement for the 300 SMK and 300 Berger that would be helpful for a comparison.

I am very interested in your 260 grain and 307 grain 338 bullet, but I am most interested in the measurement for the 260, I want to find a higher bc, lower weight/faster bullet that I can load to fit in a magazine for hunting. I do not know all the technical terms for bullets, so I have included a diagram that I found, they have it listed as ogive lenght (NL). Essentially, the measurement from the tip of the bullet to the point that the bullet reaches the caliber diameter.

Thanks

Yes,
The ogive dimension on the 260 is 1.0067.
The ogive dimension on the 307 is 1.3769.
As far as measuring exact on the Berger and SMK, I don't have the correct equipment for that but I'll get close.
The 300 Grain Berger Hybrid is approx. 0.915.
The 300 Grain SMK is approx. 0.850.
I know the 260 will mag feed though our 338 Lapua Improved. If you have any more questions,
please let us know.
Thanks
Brian

What about a heavy 223 (90ish grains) target bullet that will stabilize in a 6.5 twist. We ftr shooters love to beat the bigger 308's but 30 cal bullets have kept improving and we've been left in the dust.

What about a heavy 223 (90ish grains) target bullet that will stabilize in a 6.5 twist. We ftr shooters love to beat the bigger 308's but 30 cal bullets have kept improving and we've been left in the dust.

The 22 cals are next on our list to work on. Let's see what we can come up with for the fast twist. The hamstring for the small bullets is just the lack of shear mass. More weight means more bc. We will see.

Steve

What's it's estimated BC?

Kirby Allen just got done shooting the 156g .277 and the 168g .277. From his drops to 1000 yards they have a G7 BC of .292 and .333 respectively. The 156g is designed for an 8" twist and the 168g for 7" twist.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.